🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » bank account
Page options
e9774a8a
Community Member

bank account

Are you allowed to change your sole proprietor account to a business account?

Example: If I have an account under the name John Doe along with my personal bank account.
I start making money (in Upwork) so now I want to switch my John Doe bank account to a business (LLC) name and I want to change from my personal bank account to a
business bank account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Data,

Feel free to add your business account as a payment method at any time. Rest assured, you won't have any problems with your account. 

Please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Data,

Feel free to add your business account as a payment method at any time. Rest assured, you won't have any problems with your account. 

Please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, I signed up with my google account and this was the name I had
(due to a social media account). I tried to change it to my full legal name
under my profile but it didn't seem to be an option.

Hi Data,

To submit a name change request you will need to go to Settings > Contact Info and update your name. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. Definitely will do

When I click on “contact info” it automatically takes me to “password & security” and doesn’t allow me to go to “contact info”. Is there a reason I’m not allowed to access it? this is an issue I’ve had since I signed up. Thought it was as glitch or an initial limitation. Thinking it might just be a glitch now

I cannot access "contact info" and other features under settings

Hopefully support can assist. I chose "help and support" on my profile. To explain my issue

Hi Data,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser. When you go to your settings page now you should be able to use the Google sign in option. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members