🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » best solution for paused project on your prof...
Page options
Community Member

best solution for paused project on your profile

Hey there,

I've really weird problem with my first client (if you charge 40+$ per hour please consider answering this)

I'm new here, I've just gotten my first job 4 days ago, normally the job would take me hour or hour and half depending on how focus I'm, however I choose to go for fixed price (stupid idea).

anyway after almost finishing the project the client instagram account got banned from FB because when he signed up he used wrong birthdate, I was suspicious at first then he shared his password with me (I'm unlucky I guess, it was true instagram will delete his account for the stated reason)

now we have been on this project for 4 days! it take 1-2 max. I don't want to ask for the full amount since I've not even finished the work, he wants to pay me a part from the project!

My problem is, it will appear in my profile as fixed and like 40$ in 4 days and any potential customer will be super suspicious about my prices. I wanted to cancel the whole contract, but he is telling me no I should take the money

I'm super confused to be honest as you can see, what do you recommend in such case?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Abdelrahman H wrote:

Hey there,

I've really weird problem with my first client (if you charge 40+$ per hour please consider answering this)

I'm new here, I've just gotten my first job 4 days ago, normally the job would take me hour or hour and half depending on how focus I'm, however I choose to go for fixed price (stupid idea).

anyway after almost finishing the project the client instagram account got banned from FB because when he signed up he used wrong birthdate, I was suspicious at first then he shared his password with me (I'm unlucky I guess, it was true instagram will delete his account for the stated reason)

now we have been on this project for 4 days! it take 1-2 max. I don't want to ask for the full amount since I've not even finished the work, he wants to pay me a part from the project!

My problem is, it will appear in my profile as fixed and like 40$ in 4 days and any potential customer will be super suspicious about my prices. I wanted to cancel the whole contract, but he is telling me no I should take the money

I'm super confused to be honest as you can see, what do you recommend in such case?

Clients will not know how long it took to complete the 40$ job. They have 14 days to review the work before the payment is release by the system (provided you use the system) so there is no way of knowing how long it took for you to deliver. Some contracts are never closed.
Take the money and be grateful that the client is willing to pay you for a product he cannot really use.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kinector
Community Member

You just refund the money, what's the problem? 🙄

Yeah I wanted to do so but, I slept now I see it in my profile so Idk if I actually refund will it still be in my profile after the refund or not will go with Jennifer hopefully won't be a bad decision 

Abdelrahman H wrote:

Yeah I wanted to do so but, I slept now I see it in my profile so Idk if I actually refund will it still be in my profile after the refund or not will go with Jennifer hopefully won't be a bad decision 

It will go away (after few days) but there's no reason to refund anything.

jr-translation
Community Member

Abdelrahman H wrote:

Hey there,

Clients will not know how long it took to complete the 40$ job. They have 14 days to review the work before the payment is release by the system (provided you use the system) so there is no way of knowing how long it took for you to deliver. Some contracts are never closed.
Take the money and be grateful that the client is willing to pay you for a product he cannot really use.

2a05aa63
Community Member

No one looks at the duration of contracts.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members