Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing method in Turkey

rodinunique
Rodin M Member Since: Apr 5, 2018
1 of 18

Hi everybody, 

I am very new in upwork and last week I chose billing method as paypal. Then I recieved an email that after security check we will sent you email in 4 days which was supposed to yesterday ( 04, April , 2018)  and I did not recieve any email yet. I am in Ankara, Turkey and It seems paypal is closed here . so here is my question, which method is the best and safest for Turkey? How can I change my billing method from paypal to another one ?  

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 18

Are you trying to add a BILLING (you pay Upwork) or a WITHDRAWAL (you withdraw your Earnings) method?

If you want to add a WITHDRAWAL method, you need to get out of Billing Methods and scroll down to "Get Paid"

get paid.jpg

rodinunique
3 of 18

No, I am trying to recive my money ! I really dont know any idea about withdraw! 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 18

Hi Rodin,

I understand you're not familiar with how to set up a withdrawal method but in order to proceed further, please refer to the Help article I shared in my previous post, complete the W8 form by adding your full name and address, communicate with PayPal directly, check the available withdrawal methods on your Get Paid page and follow up here if you have any questions.

If PayPal is not an option for you, please consider setting up a different withdrawal method from the ones available on your end. You can check the details, fees and timing from the mentioned Help article.

Untitled
rodinunique
5 of 18

Hi Vladimir, first of all many thanks for your response. I removed billing method and in Get paid in order to withdraw earnings, I have to complete a W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. Should I do this ? If yes, what should I write in legal name of business? 

only my name is enough ?

vladag
Community Manager
6 of 18

Hi Rodin,

Yes, as I mentioned in my previous response "complete the W8 form by adding your full name and address". Note that this isn't a problem and I'm here to guide you every step of the way, so take a deep breath, check your Get Paid page and carefully read about the different payment options, select the one you'd prefer to use and follow the steps in order to set it up and start using it once it becomes active after 3 calendar days.

If you have any questions, feel free to follow up here and we'll gladly help you with them.

Untitled
rodinunique
7 of 18

I think I did it ! 

I chose payoneer as another method. Hope after three days I would recieve an email due to activate it. 

Thanks vladimir!

vladag
Community Manager
8 of 18

You're welcome Rodin, feel free to follow up with any questions you might have and I'd strongly suggest you review the freelancer resources we compiled here.

Untitled
rodinunique
9 of 18

sure !

vladag
Community Manager
BEST ANSWER
10 of 18

Hi Rodin,

Could you please confirm if you'tre looking to add a billing method and process payments on Upwork or a withdrawal method that you can transfer your earnings to? It looks like it's the latter and you need to complete the W8 form in Settings > Tax Info page in order to activate it. If you're still not able to use it please contact PayPal directly and ask them if they can enable these types of transfers to your PayPal account. 

Alternatively, you can select one of the withdrawal methods available on your Get Paid page,please check this Help article.

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS