cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking a person

Highlighted
Mehmet T Member Since: Dec 29, 2013
1 of 35
My previous workers are sending me messages for asking if i have any job. These messages are disturbing. Is there a way to block a person on Odesk?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 35
Hi Mehmet, Unfortunately, there is no option to block a freelancer. However, if you feel like freelancers are spamming you, please report them to Customer Support. They will be warned and if they still continue spamming, the message threads may be muted.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Barry J. G Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
3 of 35

You said that there was no way to block someone, yet the post under you said that there was, and there is a way. Did you write this before there was a way to block someone, or you just did not know that there was a way??? Is this a new thing here?? Because I am glad that it is an option because I just used the block option... 

Barry J. G Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
5 of 35

O.K. Thanks Javier.

M. Alex M Member Since: May 18, 2018
5 of 35

its the most stupid thing i have ever seen, not being able to block people on a site like that. 

6 of 35

Hi M. Alex,

Are you trying to block a freelancer in Messages by clicking on their name and selecting the option in the drop down menu?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Paul A Member Since: Jun 19, 2018
7 of 35

I completely agree.   There should be a block option.   Recently I tried to post a private job and had a invite to a agency/person.  Even after emphasizing for days they need to be availabel to talk on a schedule, they keep missing all the schedules just to initiate a conversation.  If that's the case, I only wonder what the case will be when the project in progress.     Plus there shouldbe some privacy settings and also hiding jobs from specific agencies (not just public  or invited) and a direct link to contact customer service.   And then there are ppl just keep asking if you've a project for them!! 

8 of 35

Hi Paul,

Have you tried blocking the freelancer/agency who keep asking you for work in Messages? You can click on their name and then select to block them in the drop down menu.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tiffany M Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
9 of 35

You CAN block anyone from messaging you by clicking on their profile name from your messages. You will see a drop down menu that has "block (Person's name)" as an option. You can block them and even unblock them later if you choose. 

Sarah May A Member Since: Jan 9, 2016
10 of 35

Hello everyone,

I just want to ask about  what happens when you block someone, will they still be able to read the previous conversation prior blocking? Or will not be able to access the conversation at all? I would love for that persion to read my last but very polite message sent. 

She's a very insulting and racist client (interview process)

Thank you very much,

Sarah

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS