cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking a person

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 35

Hi Sarah May,

The client will be able to see messages sent in the room before you blocked her but will not be able to send new messages to you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sarah May A Member Since: Jan 9, 2016
12 of 35

Hello Valeria,

Thank you for your response. Why is there no "Block (Person's Name)" option in my other clients? Please reply, I'm trying to avoid argument with my past client who keeps asking for designs without a formal Contract. (verbal only).

I'll be waiting for your reply Smiley Happy

Thank you very much!

13 of 35

Sarah May, please see my post here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Moataz M Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
14 of 35

Hello,

Some one who knows me personally is copying parapgraphs from my cover letter and copying my protfolio description literally and using him as his. I reported this issue and no action was taken against him and he is still having my portfolio description and many parapgraphs in his cover letter. I'm changing my cover letter and portofolio description content  regulary because of him. I want to block him from seeing my profile. Please tell me what I should do.

15 of 35

Hi Moataz,

I'll reply to the private message you sent me about this issue.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Cierra B Member Since: May 21, 2017
16 of 35

Hi Valeria,

I feel I will have the same issue. Can you contact me about how to fix it? I sent a proposal to a client about a job, which I thought was helping with a project, but it turns out they wanted me to do the project for them (a school project), and now I'm afraid they might steal my work and use it as theirs. 

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
17 of 35

Hi Cierra,

I'll reach out to you directly to get further details.

Lanie M
Untitled
Vincent D Member Since: Mar 1, 2018
18 of 35
Hi there! Nothing I'm reading about i.e.: blocking a person, firing a person, deleting a job seems it can't be done from my end.

I'm following the steps but cannot find any icons to press I my app. I've also gone to the website I stead of using the app on my phone. I also want to report a couple of scammers. Can you help. For example, if I go to who I hired, the people I've hired do not pop up and there is no icon I can press on. If I go to a job, or a person I've hired there is o icon I can press to cancel or fire that person. After I worked with a freelancer no icons popped up to rate the individual. He closed out the job. Does that mean by him doing that, that is a way around me being able to rate him.
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
19 of 35

Hi Vincent,

Please send me a PM with additional details about the freelancers you would like to report, our team will investigate this from our end and assist you further. Regarding your last concern, when a contract is ended bot freelancers and clients are able to leave feedback. Thank you!

Untitled
Christy M Member Since: Nov 12, 2014
20 of 35

Hi Valeria,

Will the client see/know that I have blocked them? 

I am concerned that this will antagonize an already antagonistic former client and inspire him to find other ways to communicate with me.

When I blocked him a moment ago, I see a notice in the client chat window that I have blocked him. Does he see something similar?

Thank you!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS