Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking a person

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
21 of 35

Hi Christy,

Yes he will see a notice that he has been blocked.

-Lena

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
22 of 35

I've recently blocked a client from sending messages, as I'm sure I'll see more of his job posts, is there any way for me not to be able to apply to his posts or to be notified that I've previously blocked said client (maybe as I go to press the "apply to job" button)?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
23 of 35

Hi Samuel,

Blocking a client when declining an invitation from them means that they will not be able to send new invitations to you. Currently that will not remove their other jobs from your searches. We understand that freelancers would like to exclude certain jobs from from their searches completely and are going to work on these functions in the future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Elvedin S Member Since: Aug 10, 2018
24 of 35

Hello, its been 4 years since you said that you are going to upgrade such a option to be able to block someones messages. I am experiencing the same disturbings from freelancers, writing me every day, every morning Hello, Hello, Any jobs, Hello and so on , every fuc*ing day.. Are you going to add a option to simply block someones messages soon? Think about it please.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
25 of 35

@Elvedin S wrote:

Hello, its been 4 years since you said that you are going to upgrade such a option to be able to block someones messages. I am experiencing the same disturbings from freelancers, writing me every day, every morning Hello, Hello, Any jobs, Hello and so on , every fuc*ing day.. Are you going to add a option to simply block someones messages soon? Think about it please.

What's wrong with the existing blocking function?

In the message thread, clock on the person's name and choose "block......."

Done

block.jpg

Lennie C Member Since: Nov 14, 2017
26 of 35

How do you UNBLOCK a person?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
27 of 35

Lennie C wrote:

How do you UNBLOCK a person?

The exact same way you blocked them.

In the message thread, click on their picture/ icon on the left and then choose Unblock XYZ

unblock.jpg

Tara R Member Since: May 13, 2019
28 of 35
I am having problems with previous freelancers asking me for work every week. I do I stop this?
Don’t you have a clause in your contracts stopping them from doing this?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
29 of 35

Hi Tara, 

If it's becoming an issue, you can follow the steps noted by Petra on her reply above to block some freelancers. Once you block them, they will not be able to send you messages. 

-Avery
Untitled
Devin C Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
30 of 35

I like Tara's suggestion regarding clause. Freelancers shouldn't be spamming employer unless employer asked that person to followup in few weeks/months time. Perhaps add in "Do not disturb unless necessary" feature on the employer's side, which freelancer can see and may (or may not) honour; while allowing employer the discretion to block freelancer if found to be spamming or is making situation uncomfortable. Blocking is a bit harsh and can be unnecessary however it would be great having an option to mute the freelancers for a couple days/weeks as warning that unsolicited message isn't welcome. Muting will allow freelancer to adjust their behaviour/approach while at the same time, not cutting them off entirely until employer unblocked the person.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS