🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: bringing a client to Upwork
Page options
jendejournett
Community Member

bringing a client to Upwork

Hi All:

How do I bring a new client to me into upwork?   

I have two questions:

1.  I have a brand new client that hasn't ever used upwork - how can i invite them to the platform so if they hire me I don't get charged the 20% upwork fee?

2.  I have another client that uses Upwork for their other work efforts.  But I met them seperately - and didn't know they were using upwork until recently.  Do they have to start an account from scratch or if they currently use upwork for their other work but I convince them to pay me through it versus the way we were billing in the past - can I still bring them on for this platform without losing the 20%?

Thanks for the help,

Jennifer

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community. Please note that we do offer 0% on fees with new clients that Top Rated, Rising Talent, and Premium freelancers bring to Upwork. Unfortunately, I've checked and you're not yet eligible for the program.

Regarding your second question, only clients who aren't on Upwork already qualify for the program.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for letting me know. I was a rising talent until one very unfortunate client who didn't own the domains they were asking me to access dinged me.  It was really really unfair because I was put in an unethical position and there is no way for Freelancers to fix if an unethical client hurts ones scores.

Ok, good to know. I won't mitgrate the client over then or bring any new ones onto the platform until I get a different status. I will just continue my outside billing then at this point.  I was just hoping to keep everything under one umbrella as I was gaining more work with Upwork.  And the client had some additional technical needs that they needed filled that were not in my wheel house.  So, I saw it as a win / win for everyone.

Thanks again.

Jen

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths