🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: bringing new client to upwork
Page options
sadia_34
Community Member

bringing new client to upwork

I was hired by an architecture firm on Upwork a few years ago. I have worked with them on many projects. The person who hired me on behalf of that firm joined a new firm a few days ago.  He asked me if I'm interested to work with this new firm. I accepted his offer and asked him if he can inform the firm about Upwork and hire me on Upwork. They signed up for an Upwork account yesterday. Will I be eligible for the 0% fee offer if this firm hires me?  Will upwork consider this as a new client if the person who hired me before hire me this time on behalf of the new firm?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Sadia A wrote:

. I accepted his offer and asked him if he can inform the firm about Upwork and hire me on Upwork. They signed up for an Upwork account yesterday. Will I be eligible for the 0% fee offer if this firm hires me? 

No, because they are now already signed upto Upwork. 

You should have requested your personal link beforethe client signed up and the client should have signed up using that.

sadia_34
Community Member

I exactly did that. I contacted customer support and they give me a special link. The client used that link to create the account. But, I'm being hired by the person who hired me before for another firm. But it's the new firm that will pay me. And they never used Upwork before. Will I get the 0% fee offer for bringing this new firm to Upwork?

petra_r
Community Member

Sadia A wrote:

I exactly did that. I contacted customer support and they give me a special link. The client used that link to create the account.

Great 🙂 If they used the link all should be just fine 🙂

sadia_34
Community Member

I thought so too, Petra. But Upwork thinks otherwise. This is the reply I just got from customer support -

'Dearest Sadia,

We have reviewed the contract and unfortunately, it’s not qualified for the service fee removal due to the fact that the client already signed up before the program was offered. '

The new firm that I brought to upwork never used this platform  before. I provided all the information about the new firm to customer support including their website. I'm not even sure what they mean by 'the client already signed up before the program was offered' . Is it because of the person who hired me for the new firm used upwork before?  is it why upwork think that it's not a new client?

If this is the case, I'll never encourage my current clients to hire me on upwork when they join a new office/ firm 😞

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths