🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: bullying client; need for helpful advice
Page options
renata_guven
Community Member

bullying client; need for helpful advice

Hi guys! Wanted to ask for your advice and maybe perspective...

Seems i started working with a bullying  client. Really experiencing highest stress bcz of it. Dont know what to do.

I was thinking to stop the contract (job not done yet & the payments are not released yet; just the clients money in the escrow). 

And the client doesnt want to finish it, bcz money are in the escrow and there will be comission loss for her (  UPWorks' charge cant be taken back).

There were mistakes in milestones i wanted to introduce changes for my work safety inhere , which client refused to do : explaining by 'not possible'. And told that for my safety here i Have to make the job.

*Is there any chance the client can make any financial - law damage to me?

So im totally lost & dont understand what to do. Im already ready to pay her the UpWorks charge which was taken from her just to finish this nightmare.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Renata G wrote:

No, we are in different countries;

Don't worry about it then.

Renata G wrote:

What i mean is : i have well planned milestones, small steps to proceed in terms of work and payment.

But she turned up with her own.

Why did you accept the contract when it wasn't structured the way you wanted? Personally I do anything under around $ 1000 as one milestone.

Just tell her you will not be able to work with her and wish her well, politely and firmly. Then close the contract and block her.

Life's too short to work with bullies. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Renata G wrote:

*Is there any chance the client can make any financial - law damage to me?

Is the client in the same country as you are?

Renata G wrote:

There were mistakes in milestones i wanted to introduce changes for my work safety inhere , which client refused to do : explaining by 'not possible'. And told that for my safety here i Have to make the job.

What do you mean?

Renata G wrote:

So im totally lost & dont understand what to do. Im already ready to pay her the UpWorks charge which was taken from her just to finish this nightmare.

The client's payment processing fee is nothing to do with you. Just end the contract, and block the client.

Dear Petra,  thank you for your  kind feedback!

What i mean is : i have well planned milestones, small steps to proceed in terms of work and payment.

But she turned up with her own. So i tried to discuss that matter. Finally client said :

'The money they kept in escrow they debited from me already they will never refund it to me as long as I have a very strong reasons 

so whatever discussion we have
you need to submit the work here
so you will protect yourself 

Renata G wrote:

Don't worry about it then.

Renata G wrote:

But she turned up with her own.

Why did you accept the contract when it wasn't structured the way you wanted? Personally I do anything under around $ 1000 as one milestone.

Just tell her you will not be able to work with her and wish her well, politely and firmly. Then close the contract and block her.

Life's too short to work with bullies. 

Dear Petra, thank you for sharing your experience! It is really valuable & helpful , i feel a huge reliefe!

Regarding 'why'...It's a good question for myself to reflect on & not to repeat the same mistake. I was sure we'll figure it out on the way, but then this kind of attitude came up which was really difficult to  handle.

HUGE thank you once again & Warmest regards!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths