cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer not fund milestone after delivery work

Mahindrakar S Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
1 of 7

hi support  centre i got job 1500 online products images recreate and upload in  $100

buyer fund milestone $ 50 after i delivery all 1500 image i got milestone 1 $ 50

but now buyer not fund milestone 2 $ 50

i request to buyer but he not response

Please help me

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Mahindrakar S wrote:

hi support  centre i got job 1500 online products images recreate and upload in  $100

buyer fund milestone $ 50 after i delivery all 1500 image i got milestone 1 $ 50

Nothing can be done. If you delivered work beyond what was funded, there is no way to dispute the rest.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 7

Mahindrakar S wrote:

Please help me

How could we help you? We can't un-deliver your work before the client funded the second milestone, can we?

So, lesson learned, and never do that again. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

Mahindrakar:

If the client did not fund the second milestone, there is nothing you can do about it to force him to.

It is HIS CHOICE whether to fund a milestone or not.

You made a mistake when you did the work.

You will probably not get paid for the work you did on the second milestone.

This is a GOOD THING

This will help focus your mind and serve as a reminder about how to use Upwork properly. This will mean that you will never make the same mistake again.

Mahindrakar S Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
5 of 7
Thanks
I got my mistake
I dilever all work before second milestone
Community Leader
Matthew T Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
6 of 7

Hey Preston, I'm not terribly familiar with submitting work for review when it comes to things I am not in control of, in general I develop solutions completely on my own servers prior to transfering them onto clients machines, so still in control.

Though I avoid milestones, wouldn't @mahindrakar of needed to submit the images on the milestone page for the client to reveiw before getting paid for that milestone? I'm sure I am missing something here.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 7

When a milestone is funded, the freelancer submits the work for review along with a formal request for payment. The client then has 14 days to conduct that review and can request changes. When a milestone is not funded and a freelancer sends the client the work, it is gone. There is no money held to pay for the work and no formal payment process is initiated. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS