🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » can I share client project?
Page options
95ab7f36
Community Member

can I share client project?

Can I share or ask the client to share a project that I made it for him to other clients?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

If your question is really, "Is it legal for me to ... ?" then the answer is usually, "It depends."

Does the project include any important financial or other information or trade secrets that are proprietary to the client? If not, you can probably just remove any logos, etc. that identify the client and make sure your project looks generic to any person you provide it to as a sample of your work.

If the client required you to sign a non-disclosure or similar document, then the answer to your question depends on what you want to share,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

If your question is really, "Is it legal for me to ... ?" then the answer is usually, "It depends."

Does the project include any important financial or other information or trade secrets that are proprietary to the client? If not, you can probably just remove any logos, etc. that identify the client and make sure your project looks generic to any person you provide it to as a sample of your work.

If the client required you to sign a non-disclosure or similar document, then the answer to your question depends on what you want to share,

Ok, thank you!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members