🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » can i share portfolio website link in job pro...
Page options
cstech1
Community Member

can i share portfolio website link in job proposal?

i am new freelancer in upwork. i just want to know that how many website which i have made this link i will share in my job proposal in text format?

Please any senior upwork member answer this question.

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

We know sharing your past work is important. Therefore, you can share links to external portfolios/websites when you submit a proposal. We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. You can check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
marksgregory
Community Member

Hi Bojan, is the above comment "you can share links to external portfolios/websites when you submit a proposal. We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork." still valid in 2023 allowing?

Hi Mark,

Yes, that's still allowed as mentioned in Bojan's original reply.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
saimaansari
Community Member

Hi there,

Congratulations on joining Upwork as a new freelancer! Sharing your portfolio website link in your job proposal is a great way to showcase your skills and previous work to potential clients. It gives them a better understanding of your capabilities and the quality of your work.

You're allowed to include links in your proposals, but it's important to do so in a professional and relevant manner. When sharing your portfolio link, consider these tips:

1. Relevance: Choose projects from your portfolio that align closely with the type of work the client is seeking. This helps demonstrate your expertise in the specific field and shows that you've carefully read and understood their job posting.

2. Highlight Key Work: Rather than sharing every single project you've done, pick a few of your best and most relevant pieces of work. Quality over quantity is important.

3. Context: Provide a brief description or context for each project you're including in your proposal. Explain the goals, challenges, and how you approached the project.

4. Client Privacy: Ensure that the projects you're sharing are not under any confidentiality agreements or restrictions. You don't want to breach client trust or legal agreements.

5. Organization: Structure your proposal neatly. You can use bullet points, short descriptions, or headers to clearly present your work.

6. Portfolio Diversity: If possible, include projects that showcase a range of skills and styles. This demonstrates your versatility as a freelancer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members