🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: can someone logs hours without internet c...
Page options
django_expert
Community Member

can someone logs hours without internet connection?

I was working yesterday and suddenly I lost the connection but received a notification from the Upwork desktop application that "Connection lost but we're tracking the time". how is it possible?

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Abubakar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The desktop app can still track time even without an internet connection and once you have your connection back, it will start uploading the screenshots of logged hours when the connection was lost. 

If you experience any issue with the desktop app, you may check the troubleshooting steps shared here. If the issue persists, please follow the steps under "How do I report a problem?" so our team can investigate further. If you need any help, please let us know. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie.

basically, we have a lot of electricity or internet issues over here. so is it allowed if the internet connection is off and still we can log the hours while working?

Hi Abubakar,

When the connection gets intermittent, the desktop app detects that there's no internet connection but would still track the time logged. But I would suggest that you communicate this with your client. Some jobs that would not require an internet connection all the time are writing jobs when they're already done on the research part of the project and are just doing the draft.

Keep in mind that the logged hours would still have to follow the criteria listed in the Hourly Protection in order to get paid.

~ AJ
Upwork

thanks for the guidance.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members