Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't accept invitation on upwork android apps

Highlighted
Retno W Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
1 of 5
Guys this is so ridiculous Smiley Sad

I'm using upwork apps on a huawei phone.

I have two invites in two days but everytime i click accept, it doesn't go through and then the invitation is no longer appear in my invitation list.

First day it says : sorry something went wrong please try again.

Today i can click "accept it' but when i try to submit a message to the client, it can't go anywhere.

Please help
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

re: "I'm using upwork apps on a huawei phone."

Not really.

Highlighted
Retno W Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
3 of 5

Hi Preston,

By "not really" , do you mean I can't accept invitation via upwork apps ?

Any suggestion how to accept it next time ? 

@Preston H wrote:

re: "I'm using upwork apps on a huawei phone."

Not really.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Retno, 

I suggest that if you are having issues with the phone app, to please log on to a laptop or computer to check on invitations from clients. If you think you're having issues with the app on your phone, please email android-feedback@upwork.com and include screen grabs of your issue so that the team can work on it.

I checked the job invitation in question and the client withdrew the job invite. Invitations that are withdrawn by a potential client within the first 24 hours don't count against your response speed score, even if you didn’t get a chance to reply. Clients withdraw invitations for a number of reasons, including because they changed their mind, hired someone else, or had the job closed by Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Retno, the mobile apps for Upwork are works in progress. They're little more than toys right now. I don't trust them to work reliably all the time or to implement a full range of Upwork features.

Even the web application version of the Upwork site, when up used on a mobile device, has inexplicably been hijacked by Upwork's own developers and severely limited in its functionality.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS