🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » cancelled contract
Page options
criselenacris
Community Member

cancelled contract

Hi!

I was hired a few hours ago. After completing the most part of the translation, the client said the project was put on hold and asked for a refund. I approved the refund. Is this going to affect my JSS score? I hope this is the real reason because it came after I said to the client that I have to check the translation after implementing it on the website because some context was unclear. 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Elena Cristina R wrote:

I was hired a few hours ago. After completing the most part of the translation, the client said the project was put on hold and asked for a refund. I approved the refund.

If most of the work was done, why did you do that?

Elena Cristina R wrote:

Is this going to affect my JSS score?

That depends on the private feedback the client left when cancelling the contract. Mostly, contracts that lead to no earnings do hurt the JSS, but it depends on the feedback (private only.)

I did not deliver the work. I just did not want to have a dispute over 3 hours of work. Maybe I did wrong. Do you have any idea what N/a means to „Client's Feedback to You”?

Elena Cristina R wrote:

I did not deliver the work. I just did not to have a dispute over 3 hours of work. Maybe I did wrong. Do you have any idea what N/a means to „Client's Feedback to You”.

It means "not available" because on cancelled contracts no (public) feedback can be left.

Personally I would not give away 3 hours of my time without good reason, but each to their own.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths