cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access room chat with my client

Andrew B Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
31 of 40

Me too. It is just one conversation that is doing this.  3 days now waiting for a solution

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 40

Sorry about the inconvenience, Andrew. Our engineers are already aware of this issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible. We'll keep this thread updated about the progress.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sergey S Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
33 of 40

I have the same problem, with one of my room, few days. Fix it, please.

Ace Contributor
Fahad S Member Since: Aug 31, 2013
34 of 40

The problem still persists and I am not able to access a chat room. 

Resurreccion S Member Since: Aug 3, 2017
35 of 40

Hi Everyone,

I tried to make a reply to my client through my email via upwork notification. I don't click the reply on green box instead i used the other reply option below and it works, i saw my message appeared on the chat room /left side window only but the not the whole messages.

Just now, my client response on my email informing me that he's having issues accessing as well. 

For now, we're using email for the instructions, updates and work submissions while we're still waiting for the issue to be resolve.

Hope this can help. Thanks!

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
36 of 40

And this is why it is a good idea to exchange email addresses with your clients. Any quirk that comes up doesn't prevent the work from going forward

Sergey Z Member Since: May 27, 2016
37 of 40

I tried to answer this method and it works! Thanks a lot!

Jose Ricardo S Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
38 of 40

August 15, 2017

To Whom It May Concern,

Good Day! I, Jose Ricardo Sevilla wish to report an apparent glitch with the messaging system on this site. Every time I open the messaging window for my client **edited for Community Guidelines**, I get an error message saying that I do not have sufficient access permissions, same as everyone in the thread. Because of this, it renders me unable to read and reply to the client’s messages for work.

I have never changed any of the messaging settings pertaining to the chat rooms or for my profile for that matter. I hope that this issue will be resolved soon as I need the messaging feature to keep in contact with my client. I am looking forward to a quick response.

Attached to this message is the screen shot of the error message that I receive every time I open this particular client chat window. Additionally, the issue only happens with this particular client.

Thank you very much for your quick response in advance.

Sincerely,

Jose Ricardo Sevilla

Upwork Freelancer

Lars S Member Since: May 25, 2017
39 of 40

Enacache T Member Since: Aug 15, 2017
40 of 40

A quick method is to create a new room and add your client - at least you can talk .

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS