🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: cannot search myself on upwork
Page options
tahiramz
Community Member

cannot search myself on upwork

My friends are unable to search me on upwork. Then I tried to find myself from one of my friend's account and applied filters also but could not find myself. Is there anything concerning about it?

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad Tahir S wrote:

My friends are unable to search me on upwork. Then I tried to find myself from one of my friend's account and applied filters also but could not find myself. Is there anything concerning about it?

No, that's intentional. It's not a google search. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Tahir,

Freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. I was able to locate your account by searching your name (screenshot for the reference).

Please note that a logging into other user's account is a a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Searching for oneself on Upwork is a rabbit hole you don't want to go down. It is a waste of time. I think nearly everyone tries it when they first start out. But it is intentionally VERY different from other search tools we are accustomed to.

There is no way to "game" the system and make sure you come out on top. If you want to succeed on Upwork, you need to apply to jobs that are highly appropriate for your skills, do a great job, finish off projects with satisfied customers.

Searching for yourself is not one of the keys to success here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths