🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » cant apply for any job!
Page options
patrick-g
Community Member

cant apply for any job!

Hi There, i cant apply for any job! "Your Job Application quota has been reached." But i never applied for any job yet! Cheers
71 REPLIES 71

I got the same problem 😞

Hi Joshua,

You will need to make your profile overview more descriptive and expand it in order to prepare your profile for working on oDesk. After you have improved your profile, please let the Customer Support know so they can review and inform you are further steps.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
habibur86
Community Member

Same here.. I can't apply too. I've passed odesk readliness test and obtained a good score. I've completed 2 tests also regarding my skills and made a positive result. But still I can't apply for a job... What is needed by you?? what could I do? How could I solve the 'quota limit' problem? Please reply. 

Habibur, there are a lot of problems with your profile, which is the reason you are being blocked from applying to jobs.

Get rid of the Skype ID, Facebook link and behance link.

These things violate oDesk profile rules.

And you need to post portfolio items if you are a graphic artist. Post on your profile page. Behance doesn't count.

You also need to completely rewrite your overview text. Almost every sentence is something that should not be there.

"Hi I am Habibur Rahman from Bangladesh, I'm a professional graphic designer."

Yor name is shown right above this. Don't repeat it here! And you identify yourself as a professional graphic designer in the title right before the overview text paragraph. Don't repeat it here.

You are from Bangladesh? Yeah, we know. It is stated a couple inches to the right on your profile page. And it is not a plus. Being from Bangladesh doesn't give you magical graphic art skills. Don't repeat it.

"I am still a quite good learner. I have a deep eagerness to work with you. Learn new from you. I hope that you'd hire me and I'd do your work very well. I'm ready to participate any types of skill test if you want."

These sentences are like posting a bit "Don't Hire Me" sign on your profile. Never mind the fact that your profile text is full of grammar and language usage errors. That is only of secondary concern, because you are a graphic artist. The real problems are the sentiments expressed. You are talking about things that I don't care about as a client. You should read the profile text on profile pages of successful graphic artists and learn from what they wrote. Don't copy them. But try to let some of the general feeling of their writing sink into your mind. Try to think about things from the perspective of a client who wants you to do some work for him TODAY. Your profile sounds a bit like up you are trying to impress the father of your fiancé. And that is the wrong vibe to go for.

Hello, 

I have create new account on odesk .. I can't apply the job .. Please help me.

Thanks, 

Welcome to oDesk Ashutosh!

I see that you have just recently created your oDesk profile and it is currently being reviewed to make sure it meets the requirements. Meanwhile, you need to keep improving your profile to make sure that the overview is well written and contains sufficient information about your skills and past experience.

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Hep Center. I also advise reading the best practice advice shared by other users in following threads:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Job warning signs

~ Vladimir
Upwork
mtda
Community Member

Hi there! I'm also having problems with the zero quota. I'm new to Odesk and I can't click the apply to job button. Hope you could help me! Thanks! 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marie,

Welcome to the oDesk Community. In order to be able to work on oDesk you will have to improve your profile. Make sure that you provide information about your skills, experience and the kind of service you are going to provide. See this Help Article for more information. Thank you!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I also registered some days ago, still my profile is under review. I did not get any message that something was wrong with it, would be nice to know if I need to change something.

Regards

Susanne

Lol - cancel this. The moment I sent this message, my profile was set on working - which is was not five minutes ago.

Thank you!

e5f52816
Community Member

Hi, i cant apply for any job because it appears like:  "Your Job Application quota has been reached." Please help me!

ritoban-sen
Community Member

Hi
Please help me it is saying you need to resubmitt your proifle for reviewing
i have edited it thrice still it tells me to edit your profile
Please help
Thanks!

Ritoban and Juan,

Set your profiles to public. They are currently private, so there is no way that we can see them and provide feedback.

rala6177
Community Member

I cant have any job for data entry.

dilhara_88
Community Member

I can't apply for any job.Please guys help me to find jobs & join with u.....
I'm waiting for ur reply early as possible.

Hi Dilhara,

I've checked your account and don't see anything that would prevent you from submitting proposals. Are you seeing an error message when trying to submit a proposal?

Also, please note that captcha entry jobs are not permitted on Upwork and report those kind of postings by using the "Flag as inappropriate" link.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
ebc1d651
Community Member

Hi there,

I am in the same situation - the apply now button seems greyed out. Would it be possible to get some assistance?

Thank you,

M

Hi Melusine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f6a0298f
Community Member

Hi there! I have 101 connects but still cannot apply for job. The apply button is disabled.

Hi Nirjal,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We sincerely apologize for the delay. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b14cb75f
Community Member

why i can't apply for jobs?

Hi Roman, 

I can see that the team has contacted you via email with more information about the status of your account and further instructions for resolving the issue. You may review your ticket here and continue coordinating with the team through your email. They will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kartikumarjha
Community Member

Hi there, Can you please share the error screenshot that you are getting? So, we can review and try to help you with this.

Kartik Kumar
fc65785f
Community Member

Hello, I'm unable to apply for jobs. The 'Apply now' button has been greyed out so I can't click on it. I'll appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Hi Zainab,

That's because you must complete an identity verification before you can continue applying for jobs. Please go to your Identity Verification page and follow the instructions once you click the "Get Started" button

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fc65785f
Community Member

Thank you so much for replying. I spent the whole day trying the ID verification but It's not working. I'm a Nigerian and our ID card has a different layout from that of other countries - we have a slip instead of a card that other countries have. I made sure there was enough lighting when I took the image of ID but it was still not accepted. Is there anything I can do? (I do not have any of the other documents that are accepted e.g. Driving license).

Thank you

Zainab Wahab

Hi Zainab,

Our automated verification system experienced some difficulties in approving your ID during your initial submission. This is not uncommon, as factors such as image quality and the angle of the ID photo can sometimes affect the approval process. Please try submitting it a few times if necessary.

You may also try other alternate Government acceptable IDs. We only accept the following, unexpired documents:

Passport
Residence Permit
Election Card
National ID
Driver’s License

Best practices for images include:

• The ID should be a valid government-issued photo ID (not a digital, expired or temporary)
  • Do not crop or alter your image
  • Ensure all four corners of your ID are visible
  • The image should be clear and in color
  • The ID name must match the information on your Upwork account

Rest assured, if our automated system does not approve your ID, it will be escalated to our team for manual review.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you, AJ.

Unfortunately, I currently do not have any of the other IDs you listed. I'll continue trying the NIN and see how it goes.

mezoor
Community Member

The "Apply now" button on every job is greyed out and I can't apply to any jobs.

Hi Mazen,

I see that you're currently required to verify your identity. It appears that your last submission wasn't successful, and the team emailed you with more information about this. When you're ready, please visit the Identity Verification settings page to continue with the process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mezoor
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I've resubmitted it again today but at the top of my page it still says that I need to verify my identity as if I didn't submit it all.

mezoor_0-1710849356468.png

Hi Mazen,

It is normal to see that notification if the verification isn't completed yet. I can see that you resubmitted your documents. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to review your submission. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths