🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » change in duration options on fixed-price pro...
Page options
wescowley
Community Member

change in duration options on fixed-price proposals

It looks like the "Less than a week" option is missing from the duration options on fixed-price proposals. Can we get that added back in, please?

27 REPLIES 27
JoanneP

Hi Wes,

I checked with the team, and there has been a change recently for fixed-price duration options. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, Joanne.

Also, please let them know that the order of the items in the list is changing randomly. Sometimes the longest duration is first, sometimes the shortest. Let's stick to one, preferably shortest first, please.

I know Upwork is making some changes. But why is the option for 1-week turnaround taken away? I didn't get the memo. Thanks.

Thank you Wes for pointing this out. I agree with you. As a freelancer, some clients may be put off by not having a quick, easy project runed around in under a week. Jerry

Have Upwork withdraw "Within a week" from the "How long will this project take? of the proposal submission page? From yesterday, I can't see this in any fixed price job.

no within a week.jpg

Hello,
When applying for a work , in the time duration section the minimum time to finish the project is showing "Less than one month" But there was an option "Less than one week" . It seems not to be there.
Would like to know why it happened.
Thank you.

Please add less than 24 hours option too Smiley Happy

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Wes,

I checked with the team, and there has been a change recently for fixed-price duration options. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team. Thank you!

If there has been a change, could you tell us if this is anywhere in the announcements, and if not, what the change or changes are? 

2eac81ef
Community Member

I am encountering this issue too.
Can you please tell me what should I do when I want to submit a proposal for a job that takes no longer than one day or two?

At the moment, the only thing you can do is select "less than a month" and explain your expected timeline in your proposal.

Thank You, Wes
But I think it is not as impressive as selecting "less than one week" from the drop-down box.

Mania E wrote:

But I think it is not as impressive as selecting "less than one week" from the drop-down box.

Agreed.

Could it be relevant to the number of submitted proposals?
For example, if you had more than 20 submitted proposals, you can not able to complete a new project in less than 1 week?

Hi

For the time being, till this gets fixed, hope the clients can be given a notification that "for all fixed price jobs the freelancers can only choose less than 1 month duration. Kindly do check their brief to undestand their duration for each project"... wow, now thats quite a mouthful😊 but something of this stature... hope it would help freelancers as well, i guess???

Hello Joanne,

I have noticed this change as well. I feel that clients will be put off by this is a freelance can not turn an easy job around within a weeks time. Will UpWork please put this back? Will they notify the community?

Thank you,

Jerry

50819b67
Community Member

Hi, Joanne,

I don't know but whenever I click the duration button, notings comes up...now I can no longer bid. Please help me.

Regards

Hi Sannan,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~ AJ
Upwork
f76a2e6e
Community Member

Has anyone else had the "less than one week" option removed from "how long do you think this project will take"?  Now it only says less than one month as the fastest option!

There should definitely be a "less than one week" option - please put it back!!! Most of my clients want a quick turnaround and I want to communicate that I can handle projects with short deadlines. "Less than one month" would not be an acceptable timeline for the majority.

Recently the dropdown for "How long will this project take?" in the Submit a Proposal section changed. The new options are:

6+ months

3 - 6 months

1-3 months

less than 1 month.

In the past there was an option for "less that 1 week" which was the option I chose unless the job indicated otherwise.

Over the years I've been on Upwork most of my jobs were completed in days or weeks. It seems to me that "less than a month" is vague and does not really give the prospective client a realistic idea of turnaround time.

Perhaps some consideration can be given to bringing back "less than 1 week."

imranislamimon
Community Member

Less than one week option should be added again because I have got some jobs which I can finish within 1-2 hours but I have to select less than one month which is ridiculous. 

I am requesting to Up Work to add "Less than one-week" option again and also add less than a 1-day option if possible.

Thank you 

hammouchyusuf
Community Member

i just noticed that i cannot find "less than week" option (see attached image). knowing that the preject takes only hours.

cilppinghand
Community Member

When I'm applying for a job. The" less than 7 days" field is missing on the job application page.

Hi MD Liton,

I can confirm this was a change implemented last year and the fixed-price duration options are working as designed. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass it on to the team.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for the information!

jasonshomer
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

A bit of a different question... for that question, "How long will this project take?"... is less than a month the lowest time I can give as an awswer?

Hi Jason,

Yes, by design "less than 1 month" is currently the shortest time frame available when submitting a proposal for a fixed-price job. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths