🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » change in the contract
Page options
shashank_snigdha
Community Member

change in the contract

Hi 

I have been working for this client for past 1 month and I have just found last night that there was an error with my contract. I was supposed to get paid $3/ hr. for maximum 40 hrs per week. But while making the contract my client somehow mentioned an additional $120/ week. Then I informed my client about it and he paused the contract for now. So having said, I have gotten paid almost twice this last month. Well I have already refunded the extra payment to my client. 

so the real question is, can he make the necesary change in the existing contract or he would  have to prepare a whole new contract for me. And if he does need to make a new contract would I be liable to pay another 20% of my earning to upwork as a service fee until the total income on the contract reaches to $500, even though i have never really stopped working and it was client's fault that he made a mistake  while making the contract.

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Snigdha,

The contract was originally set up by your client and accepted by yourself with the weekly limit for logged hours and a Recurring Weekly Payment.  Additional recurring weekly payment can only be set as part of the contract offer. To make changes your client must end the current contract, rehire you, and set different terms in the Advanced Options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members