🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » change the ownership
Page options
rasoul2018
Community Member

change the ownership

hi. hope you are well. can I change the owner of the account? we are a team and now I can't continue working with them. we have a new guy that can handle the profile under a new name. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
prestonhunter
Community Member

[flagged post and account to be investigated]

Farhad:

If you are describing a situation in which you and other freelancers use a single Upwork account, all under a single username and password, then this is a violation of Upwork ToS.

To answer your question:

Freelancer accounts can not "change ownership."

well that is very weird. when I ever described such thing? Imasking how can I change the ownership of the account? meaning someone else take responsibility of this account. please try to read my question again 🙂

Farhad E wrote:

well that is very weird. when I ever described such thing?

Here

Farhad E wrote:

Imasking how can I change the ownership of the account?

You can't. It is strictly forbidden, as is a team working on an individual account.

Farhad E wrote:

meaning someone else take responsibility of this account.

Not allowed.

Farhad E wrote:

please try to read my question again 🙂

Please try to read my answer again.

Close your account and that other person will have to open their own.

the other person was accusing me of giving my login details to other person. it was not the thing I was asking. how its relevant? I was simply asking is it possible to transfer the ownership of the account. is it equal to: " I want someone else login into my acount?"

petra_r
Community Member

Farhad E wrote:

hi. hope you are well. can I change the owner of the account? we are a team and now I can't continue working with them. we have a new guy that can handle the profile under a new name. Thanks

Absolutely not, One person, one account, forever.

You were told categorically that working as a team under an individual account is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service and still you went ahead and did it anyway.

If you can't continue working here, close your account and one of the others will have to create a profile and then an agency so they can work properly as a team.

ok thanks for the reply. now I have 2 questions. first I was searching about this issue and found out this is possible. in few older posts, admins have replied that this is possible and we should contact the support to do this. that is why I asked. can you clarify this?

second issue is to inform our client about this change and ask them to visit the new account. its not any violation of upwork rules right? there is not anyway to transfer account reviews or history?

thanks

re: "first I was searching about this issue and found out this is possible. in few older posts, admins have replied that this is possible and we should contact the support to do this. that is why I asked. can you clarify this?"

It is possible for client and corporate accounts to change ownership.

re: "There is not any way to transfer account reviews or history?"

No. Not at all.

oh maybe I did not understand properly. I can't even lead my team and have account in upwork? should be only agency?

re: "I can't even lead my team and have account in Upwork?"

That's right. You CAN NOT do that using a freelancer account.

re: "Should be only agency?"

That is right.

ONLY an agency can be a group of freelancer working together.

Each individual must have his or her own freelancer account.

oh did not know that. I thought we can't just share login information. so should change some policy now. and make an agency . hope nothing goes wrong now since I really did not know this matter. I wrote in profile that we are a team and clearly it was not something to break the rules on purpose

Farhad E wrote:

oh did not know that.

You absolutely did know that. I remember telling you last year....

it was not last year. I'm in upwork like 3 months Smiley LOL and yes you wrote that. it was a misunderstanding. I thought I should not share my login information. did not realize its about the whole team concept. my apologies for misunderstanding 🙂 really I did not do that on purpose. so what can I do now? should I inform our clients about a new account?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhad,

Please note that sharing your login credentials with anybody is a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

I'll file a report for our team's review and one of our agents will reach out to you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi. I did not share my login credentials with anyone. why everybody keep saying that. I was asking about other issu. cmon :))

Farhad E wrote:

hi. I did not share my login credentials with anyone. why everybody keep saying that. I was asking about other issu. cmon :))

As you mentioned that you can't continue anyway you need to close your account and your "team" (who should not have been freelancing through your account anyway) will have to create their own profiles.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths