🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » charging back and AAA fees scammer
Page options
maazkhancom
Community Member

charging back and AAA fees scammer

i dnt know why upwork not blocking ways for scammer?
fraud 1) after completing project n even got review of 5 stars after some months upwork will refunds it to client. #chargeback 

fraud 2) project of 50-300 dollor funded after completion ,client will file dispute when you sent all proof to upwork ,upwork will ask for fees of 291 dollor #AAA-fees then ur case will be review otherwise client will get funds . just wow .
it is very kind request to upwork plz review ur policy about chargeback and AAA fees .

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

I agree that it is too easy for clients simply not to pay or request a chargeback. The burden of proof that the job was not completed successfully should be on them, and not on the freelancer to prove they did do a good job. In short, unless the clients can provide a darn valid reason for getting there money back, they shouldn't get it.

Peter G wrote:

I agree that it is too easy for clients simply not to pay or request a chargeback. The burden of proof that the job was not completed successfully should be on them, and not on the freelancer to prove they did do a good job. 

The burden of proof is equally on both parties; Upwork only provides a mediator in the case of disputes, and if it goes to arbitration, the arbitrator (not Upwork) listens to both sides and makes the decision. It seems that you never consider the possibility that the freelancer has NOT done a good job (or done it at all) and the client has every right to ask for a refund; from what I've seen by the vast numbers of freelancers who lie about their skills and steal their portfolio pieces, I'm inclined to believe that many clients are justified in demanding their money back.

Peter G wrote:

In short, unless the clients can provide a darn valid reason for getting there money back, they shouldn't get it.

You have a way to stop banks from issuing chargebacks? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members