🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client account
Page options
henies
Community Member

client account

Greetings!

i have a freelancer account and sometimes when i m working in a big project i need some other freelancers to help me to save time, for example, so i need to post a job when i create my client account, they told me that my Paypal account is not verified and in my freelancer account the same account is verified, i can't hire anyone for the job so what i should do in this case  

and i'm asking if i can pay from my earnings in my freelancer account 

thanks 

kind regards 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heni, 

I would like to confirm that clients who have freelancer earnings will not be able to use their earnings to pay for freelancers they hire on site, as the two accounting entities are separate in the system. 

If you would like to add to use Paypal as a billing method for your client account, you must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing. Kindly check the link I have noted above for more information about a verified PayPal account. You may also read more about using Paypal as a billing method in this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that freelancers are only allowed to sub-contract fixed-price contracts to other freelancers. When you sub-contract, your clients will need to be made aware that you will be sub-contracting parts of your work to other freelancers.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heni, 

I would like to confirm that clients who have freelancer earnings will not be able to use their earnings to pay for freelancers they hire on site, as the two accounting entities are separate in the system. 

If you would like to add to use Paypal as a billing method for your client account, you must have a verified, active PayPal account in good standing. Kindly check the link I have noted above for more information about a verified PayPal account. You may also read more about using Paypal as a billing method in this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that freelancers are only allowed to sub-contract fixed-price contracts to other freelancers. When you sub-contract, your clients will need to be made aware that you will be sub-contracting parts of your work to other freelancers.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths