🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client becomes Unresponsive when i send him t...
Page options
arefinshuv0
Community Member

client becomes Unresponsive when i send him the project file.

Hello, 
I know here i will find the best way to save myself from a sensitive matter which I am facing for at least a month.

The problem in a nutshell: the client becomes unresponsive when i send him the project file. then he stopped to reply to my messages. After a while, he returns with a new job, refusing to complete the first job. 

Problem in details: 2 months ago, this client came to me with a designing job. He was fine, and very responsive to any messages i send. He wanted to do the job with 2 Milestones. thats why he activated the first milestone with escrowing 1/4 of total payment. Everything went smoothly till i sent my first draft.. He became completely unresponsive,,  He stays online.. Green indicator lights on his account photo. But he never replied me. ( i never submitted the job, as he stays online and might decline the submit request and reports to upwork support)

15 days ago, the client again came to me with a new job. but when i told him about the first job, he refused to take the job. He said," he doesn't need the job anymore." I felt very disappointed to him but I controlled my emotions as he can report me,, or complete the job with a worse review.

so, I started the work. everything went perfectly.. he was responsing to my messages till i sent him the first draft again..... now he is unresponsive..  but he is online, even now when i am writing this topic.

I think he is taking my draft design outside of upwork and finding someone cheaper to complete the project for him. 1st job can be co-incidence. but, 2nd one can not be..

I have seen some topic like this and came up with some solutions. but i don't know if they will be the best solution for my case. 

1. I can submit the job this time. There is a chance that he may decline it or stays unresponsive. If he remains unresponsive, after 14 days later, i will get the first milestone payment, but not the second one. as the second milestone is not active. then i can close the job while giving him a bad review as well as a free BLOCK.  or maybe he declines the request and reports my profile.

2. I can cancel the job right now. It will harm my JSS if i cancel it. Upwork will count it as a failure cause i couldn't earn any money.

3. I can leave it as it is... but still this will count as a failure and harm my JSS.

what will be the best solution for me ?? I am a top-rated freelancer with 75 reviews 94% JSS. and I have Top Rated Peark un-used. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shuvo,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You don't want to submit the work more than once, since this resets the clock back to the beginning and you will have to wait 14 days from your most recent submission for the funds to be released if the client does not take action on their end. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

When working on Upwork, please make sure that you have a fully funded milestone before doing any work, so that the work you do can be covered by Upwork Payment Protection. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shuvo,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You don't want to submit the work more than once, since this resets the clock back to the beginning and you will have to wait 14 days from your most recent submission for the funds to be released if the client does not take action on their end. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

When working on Upwork, please make sure that you have a fully funded milestone before doing any work, so that the work you do can be covered by Upwork Payment Protection. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hye i am new freelancer on upwork and my issue is

If we both ready to start project an i complete 1st client design, then what i can do. Here

If i send designs directly to the client on chat without any watermark, so here issue is if i send design directly, client take it and cancel the order without payment

Or is there any issue if i send design to the client with watermark for review

Sangwan D wrote:
Hye i am new freelancer on upwork and my issue is

If we both ready to start project an i complete 1st client design, then what i can do. Here

If i send designs directly to the client on chat without any watermark, so here issue is if i send design directly, client take it and cancel the order without payment

Or is there any issue if i send design to the client with watermark for review

The client needs to hire you first, and put the money into the escrow account (if this is a fixed price contract) or you need to track your hours using the time tracker app. Make sure that the client's payment method is verified first. If you're just sending projects through the message board and you haven't actually been hired by the client, this is called "working for free".

Once you have a contract in place, there is no need to send a client watermarked designs; indeed, that would be very unprofessional (and pointless, since it's easy to remove watermarks).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members