🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client feedback and the JSS
Page options
yossef-mohamed
Community Member

client feedback and the JSS

there's a client gave me 3 out of 5 rating in 2 contract that finished like a month ago or something 

i don't know why

so i made a refund the get these bad reviews and feedback out of my profile 

now my jss will be effected by these 2 refunds i made ? 

11 REPLIES 11
lysis10
Community Member

lol refund

yes it will affect your jss

what you mean by lol ? it think it was the best thing to do cause i didn't want 2 bad feedbacks to be shown in my profile !

also can you tell me how to make my jss higher ? 

i have been like for 4 months between 85 and 93 % only 

and all my work is with good feedback i think there's something wrong effecting my JSS 

Refunding doesn't help or hurt your JSS.

Completely refunding a contract makes the contract disappear from your public profile page.

But the private feedback remains in effect, and that is what hurt your JSS.

Yossef M wrote:

all my work is with good feedback i think there's something wrong effecting my JSS 

It isn't true that all your work is with good feedback. The public feedback is irrelevant as far as the JSS is concerned and you have posted about problems with clients before. 
What's affecting your JSS is poor private feedback.

Frankly you need to start stepping away from those super ridiculously low budget contracts. Cheap clients tend to be as mean with feedback as they are with payments.

my last bad feedback i took was 4.45 and it was in MAY so 3 month ago then why my JSS is like that ?

Yossef M wrote:

my last bad feedback i took was 4.45 and it was in MAY so 3 month ago then why my JSS is like that ?

As I said, stars are irrelevant. The average is 4.9, most clients leave 5 stars by default unless they absolutely hated working with the freelancer. 

Look at it this way: You yourself left glowing feedback for the client who just gave you poor feedback, until you saw the feedback. You then left revenge feedback of 1 star on the second contract. One of those public feedbacks you left for the client was a lie. 

What counts for the JSS is the private feedback. That is where clients tell Upwork how they really felt about working with the freelancer.

alright , but by saying private feedback you mean the words they left for me right ? i don't think that he left any word for me just stars and i made the refund is it still gonna effect my jss ?

Yossef M wrote:

alright , but by saying private feedback you mean the words they left for me right ? 

No, I mean the private feedback the client leaves which you can't see (hence it's called "private"), which is on a scale of 1 to 10.

Yossef M wrote:

i don't think that he left any word for me just stars and i made the refund is it still gonna effect my jss ?

It doesn't matter if there are words at all, that doesn't affect the JSS. And yes, refunding only removes the visible evidence, it does not touch the effect on the JSS.

petra_r
Community Member

wrote:

so i made a refund the get these bad reviews and feedback out of my profile 

now my jss will be effected by these 2 refunds i made ? 

The bad feedback affects your JSS

The refunds don't by themselves, no.

also can you tell me how to make my jss higher ? 

it'll drop again next time it updates, 2 poor outcomes will have a significant effect.

You can only improve your JSS by working out why it's poor in the first place and why clients aren't as happy as they could be.

all my clients are happy maybe like one every 2 month gave me like 4 or 3 out of 5 only 

also the client didn't gave me feedback it was only the bad rating , this may help me ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members