🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: client feedback
Page options
hustler123
Community Member

client feedback

A client rated me 2 stars, I want that rating to be removed as its not genuine and affecting my job success score,new clients, reputation etc. I delivered a perfect work the way he wanted still don't know why he did so, When I asked him about why he rated me 2 stars ? If not happy with my work I will refund the amount or do unlimited revisions until you satisfied, he just blocked me. This is not my fault and due to him 2 ratings my job success score is getting low and affecting my new clients as well. I want that rating to be removed. I am very professional you can see all other clients have rated me 5 stars.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
data_divas
Community Member

If any of your open jobs are finished,  ask the clients to close the contracts to help push this review down the page. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
louisaj
Community Member

I had a look at your profile, and it's awful when people leave bad feedback and you don't know why. I'm sorry this has happened to you. 

However, you cannot remove the feedback until you have earned the top rated badge. Have a look at this Upwork help page that explains everything. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006099287-Freelancer-Programs-and-Perks

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Mohammad S wrote:

A client rated me 2 stars, I want that rating to be removed as its not genuine and affecting my job success score,new clients, reputation etc. I delivered a perfect work the way he wanted still don't know why he did so, When I asked him about why he rated me 2 stars ? If not happy with my work I will refund the amount or do unlimited revisions until you satisfied, he just blocked me. This is not my fault and due to him 2 ratings my job success score is getting low and affecting my new clients as well. I want that rating to be removed. I am very professional you can see all other clients have rated me 5 stars.

Your job score is still a very good 92%, so I wouldn't worry too much about one bad review; as you say, your other clients have raved about you. I think that you did more damage by responding to the feedback the way that you did; that long paragraph of text only draws more attention to the review (and the fact that you missed your own deadline). But keep doing good work for your clients and soon this review will be far down on the list.

And don't pester your clients about their reviews; that's undoubtedly why he blocked you. Refunding the money wouldn't have helped your score anyway; if you don't get paid, that has a bad impact on your JSS as well.

You seem to be getting a lot of projects, so after you move this bad review down a bit, you might want to start raising your prices in order to get better and more professional clients. (By the way, clients can still see what you've charged in the past when you apply to their jobs - even when you hide your rates - so consider this before you accept any jobs for very low pay.)

data_divas
Community Member

If any of your open jobs are finished,  ask the clients to close the contracts to help push this review down the page. 

mtngigi
Community Member

Mohammad S wrote:

Mohammad S wrote:

Mohammad S wrote:

First. There is nothing wrong with 92%. Second, Christine is right, don't hide your earnings, clients can see it and so can others if they click on a job and view the original job post.

It's best not to respond as you did, we have all gotten reviews we're not happy with - drawing attention to them is not a good idea.

You should also change your language proficiency to a more honest "fluent", because it's apparent in your text that you are not native/bilingual. If a client expects native/bilingual, they'll not be happy once they're communicating with you. That may have something to do with the low communication score you received.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths