🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: client hired me but
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

client hired me but

didn't give me any work to do, I'm waiting for him to come up with any kind of work since yesterday. Is this normal?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "client hired me but didn't give me any work to do, I'm waiting for him to come up with any kind of work since yesterday. Is this normal?"

Carlos:
As Christine alludes to... We have gone over this already, haven't we?

But to provide a simple answer to your question:

It doesn't matter if this is "normal" or not for a client to do.

You are not the client.
You are the freelancer.

So the important thing to understand in this situation is that you made a mistake.

A freelancer should not accept a contract until he has enough information to do at least ten minutes of work on the project.

That way you can be assured that there will not be a "zero-pay" contract.

When you accept a contract, after knowing enough about it to do some work, then you should do that work and send it to the client and send information to the client informing her that you finished the work.

If the client wants you to do additional work, she will tell you. If she does not want you to do anything else, that is fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "client hired me but didn't give me any work to do, I'm waiting for him to come up with any kind of work since yesterday. Is this normal?"

Carlos:
As Christine alludes to... We have gone over this already, haven't we?

But to provide a simple answer to your question:

It doesn't matter if this is "normal" or not for a client to do.

You are not the client.
You are the freelancer.

So the important thing to understand in this situation is that you made a mistake.

A freelancer should not accept a contract until he has enough information to do at least ten minutes of work on the project.

That way you can be assured that there will not be a "zero-pay" contract.

When you accept a contract, after knowing enough about it to do some work, then you should do that work and send it to the client and send information to the client informing her that you finished the work.

If the client wants you to do additional work, she will tell you. If she does not want you to do anything else, that is fine.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members