🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client holding payment
Page options
orcio
Community Member

client holding payment

I submitted a complete work 14 days ago as report shows.

This client is no releasing the payment (approving the milestone) because he thinks he could ask for new requirements outside the scope of the milestone for the end of times and my future generations

will be in debt, also.

stingy.PNGWhy is it not payid already?

What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Horacio C wrote:

This client is no releasing the payment (approving the milestone) because he thinks he could ask for new requirements outside the scope of the milestone for the end of times and my future generations

will be in debt, also.

What should I do?

It'll release in the next few hours if the client does not ask for changes, probably around midnight UTC latest.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Horacio C wrote:

will be in debt, also.

What should I do?

It'll release in the next few hours if the client does not ask for changes, probably around midnight UTC latest.

orcio
Community Member

Great, it worked!

Did the client get a warning about this was going to happen?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Horacio, 

When a freelancer submits a project through the milestone-submission/contract page, the client is notified through their account, and through an email that the freelancer has submitted work for their review. They should be able to review the work submitted with a click of a button and approve/reject the work from there.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members