🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client is not on LinkedIn
Page options
andiecava
Community Member

client is not on LinkedIn

Happy Friday Upwork Community!

I have a client who is NOT on LinkedIn, but is on Facebook.  Is there a way to ask for Feedback within the Upwork platform that can confirm someone's identity that is NOT on LinkedIn?  Because I can't submit the request without an entry in the LinkedIn field.

Thanks super much for anyone's help!

Andie

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

What are you talking about?

This is not the forum for LinkedIn or Facebook.

I have completed 246 jobs on Upwork.

I have no idea if any of these clients are on LinkedIn or Facebook.

Preston H wrote:

What are you talking about?

This is not the forum for LinkedIn or Facebook.

I have completed 246 jobs on Upwork.

I have no idea if any of these clients are on LinkedIn or Facebook.

I think she's referring to this.

Jennifer:
Thanks for the link.

The original poster clearly asked a valid question. It was about something new at Upwork that I knew nothing about.

researchediting
Community Member

Angelica M wrote:

I have a client who is NOT on LinkedIn, but is on Facebook.  Is there a way to ask for Feedback within the Upwork platform that can confirm someone's identity that is NOT on LinkedIn?  Because I can't submit the request without an entry in the LinkedIn field.

The feature we think you are asking about has nothing to do with asking for feedback, verifying identity, or Facebook. When we first receive feedback on a job, we may be asked if we want to share that feedback on LinkedIn. If we do, we have the option of sending it as a message—presumably, only to someone we are already connected to on LinkedIn—or posting it in our LinkedIn feed. If we pass on that option, it will not be presented again.

[edited to add:] Upwork could certainly make clearer, on presenting the feature, that it applies exclusively to "sharing" on LinkedIn.

This is very annoying. I have just three clients prior to coming to Upwork and my circumstances mean I can't use any of them.

1. Early 70s, A retired accountant who needed my help sorting through ten years of disorganised scribbled notes, diary entries, letters and files of an ex-banking CEO who had died after years of dementia.

2. A friend of thefamily-  retired [REDACTED] who has also consulted for the British government during [REDACTED] and has signed the official secrets act more times than he can count, and just wants to play golf and go travelling. His interests include the American civil war and wanted my help with research and transcription. Also he's nice but can be a bit grumpy if you try to get him to do anything modern, and certainly is discreet enough not to want social media.

3. A business consultant who required my particular set of skills when his life basically blew up. Wife got bored of being married to a closet gay man, so ran off with the kid, poisoned every well she could along the way and basically tore his public image a new a***hole. Then he ended up in the Priory (for you Americans out there, think Betty Ford clinic but for rich people in what looks like a five star country hotel)

I didn't consider this in the slightest as freelance, he was just a friend in need of help, and most of my time was spent house sitting and reading letters.

Only the last guy *might* have a linkedIn.

I'd ask him, or find it but it appears that a part of his personal rehabilitation process involves ghosting everyone who isn't over 35 and super-successful.

Now, I know why Upwork decided on some verification. The nature of freelancing means it's difficult to regulate

EDIT: sorry, I think i was trying to make a point about the restrictions that the linkedin feature lays on us but i just ended up ranting. Sorry!

2nd edit to make my 2nd client sound less of a grumpyboots.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members