🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: client left Slander feedback
Page options
rostyslavnikitin
Community Member

client left Slander feedback

Client close the contract with "Job incomplete" because he was offended what I Am not does extra work for free. Also, he set untruthful feedback. However, I was complete all requirements and keep deadlines.

What I should do in this situation?

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Rostyslav N wrote:

What I should do in this situation?

Nothing you can do. Clearly communicationbetween you and the client broke down somewhere along the way here...

But the feedback can't be disputed.

What? Do you mean client able to write slander in feedback and it can't be disputed?
Actually I can't discuss review with the client because he not response.

Rostyslav N wrote:

What? Do you mean client able to write slander in feedback and it can't be disputed?

You can remove feedback once you are top-rated. 

I would not worry too much about it, your JSS is still good. 

I worry about any client can left anything what he want in feedback. Independed it true or lie. 
Also, I worry about offended clients, if I met offended client once, I will met he again. And what they all will left a bad feedbacks and I can't do nothing again?

Hi Martina,

Hope you are great! I do not know how to remove feedback and I have a Top Rated badge. Could you please inform me about this I mean how to remove feedback from profile? Thanks in advance!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun, 

You may refer to this help article for more information on how you can avail of this Top Rated Perk. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Rafsun S wrote:

Hi Martina,

Hope you are great! I do not know how to remove feedback and I have a Top Rated badge. Could you please inform me about this I mean how to remove feedback from profile? Thanks in advance !

Rafsun, you don't have any feedback that would be worth removing - your worst is a 4.6 which in itself does no harm at all, the real harm is done by your disgraceful reaction to that feedback which would count you out of any job I would ever hire for. NOBODY cares about a 4.6 feedback, clients DO care about unprofessional freelancers who react in such a manner.

If you used your perk the 4.6 would be replaced by "This feedback has been removed" with your horrid rant still underneath.

If anything, that would look worse.

Rostyslav N wrote:

Legally, there is no "slader" in that feedback.

The time to commnicate about the deliverables is at the beginning of the client relationship, not after it has ended. And no, that feedback can not be disputed.

Petra R. ,  I mean stars rating where

• skills: 4
  • quality: 4
  • deadlines: 4
  • cooperation: 2
  • communication: 2

All communications was good, I provided results on Monday when deadline is Wednesday.

I was done all what client required and more, and for reward I received THIS?

Rostyslav N wrote:

Petra R. ,  I mean stars rating where

• skills: 4
  • quality: 4
  • deadlines: 4
  • cooperation: 2
  • communication: 2

All communications was good, I provided results on Monday when deadline is Wednesday.

I was done all what client required and more, and for reward I received THIS?

We all get a difficult client once in a while. It sucks, but that feedback isn't horrible, it will soon be forgotten and drop down the list.

FYI: There's no such thing as "written slander." Slander is spoken defamatory statements. Written defamatory statements are called "libel."

alex-davlar-uw
Community Member

I can tell you, that poor feedback report will cause an amount of damage on that client too (Karma).

If he did the same with another provider(s), well, his profile is done.

Why? The first thing I see to apply or not into a job is not only feedback about a client, but feedback this client uses to give to their providers. Belive me, I avoid troublemakers. And I think I'm not the only one doing this way.

Alejandro 

Rostyslav, you can also answer to the client's feedback, but be very careful, don't make it look like YOU are the troublemaker. I would say something like I'm sorry the client had the feeling that you had not finished the work you had agreed upon, but that was not correct.

I advise you to keep your answer very short and polite.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths