🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client not happy with the job asked me to del...
Page options
becerra_lucia
Community Member

client not happy with the job asked me to delete working hours

Hello! I don't know how to handle this situation. I started working 2 weeks ago for a client as a telemarketer. She offered to pay me for each sale but I told her I preferred hourly and we agreed that we would do it that way.

At the beginning of the second week I wrote to tell her that I was not getting the results I expected when making the calls (the tasks changed from week to week, the first week I had to sell subscriptions to a free medical program in California, LA; the second week I had to request doctors emails by phone). I did not receive any feedback and the next day I continued working until I finished the contact list. A total of 8 hours. Now she paused the contract. She says she is disappointed with the work for both weeks and asks me to delete the hours worked during the second week because, as the results are low, the work is "unacceptable".  

What should I do? Working for her was an uncomfortable experience for me because the whole environment of her business seemed not very serious: she gave me very little information about her products and she did not respond when I asked for more information. I know that the results are not the best, but I did the work, I made more than 200 phone calls. I understand if she doesn't want to continue working with me, but should I erase the hours worked for the second week? I think that maybe if I delete them, she will not rate me negatively ...

Thanks in advanced for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
af792128
Community Member

Hello,

There are two posibilities:

1. Not deleting the hours and get negative feedback for sure
2. Delete the hours but you don't know what will be the feedback (no feedback given in the best case scenario)

I would recomemmend to get paid for your hours since you did the job despite the fact client is not satisfied.

In any case, best of luck

petra_r
Community Member

Lucia B wrote:

At the beginning of the second week I wrote to tell her that I was not getting the results I expected when making the calls (the tasks changed from week to week, the first week I had to sell subscriptions to a free medical program in California, LA; the second week I had to request doctors emails by phone). I did not receive any feedback and the next day I continued working until I finished the contact list. A total of 8 hours. Now she paused the contract. She says she is disappointed with the work for both weeks and asks me to delete the hours worked during the second week because, as the results are low, the work is "unacceptable".  

What should I do?

Did you use the tracker while working, with meaningful memos and good activity levels? Check your work diary. If the client disputes, you will lose any manual time, any hours without meaningful work memos and any with low activity levels.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

If you did the work as agreed, you deserve to get paid for your efforts.

It sounds like your client didn't know what she was doing - no experienced telemarketers change their products, their approach, etc. after just a week of effort. What she is saying to you is that her short-lived testing of her approacesh didn't work out so she'd like you to agree to help her out by testing her methods, products, call lists, your sales skills, etc. for free.

She has no legitimate claim to a refund from you. 

Good luck.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members