🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client not replying
Page options
theharmonyy
Community Member

client not replying

hello, I'm pretty new to Upwork and I got this active candidacy thing, and then I had a little chat with the client, and he gave me like a trial work to complete, which I did and he hasn't responded or hasn't been active... can anyone explain why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Harmony:
The client violated Upwork ToS by asking you to work for free.

The "client" probably has no intention of paying you any money.

Do not send any messages to the client.

Do not do any more work for the client or send him any more files.

Understand that this is over.

Until you have a contract in place with the client, it is a violation of Upwork ToS for you to exchange SMS text messages with the client. You may communicate with the client using the Upwork Messages tool. That is the only tool you may use until the client officially hires you.

IF the client contacts you in any way (which probably won't happen), then you may tell the client that you are ready to work on his project. That is all. No more discussion. No more work.

Look for the hire offer, which you may acccept. ONLY do any work for the client if you see the contract listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jared_k
Community Member

Well. . . you did free work, which is against Upwork's TOS for one. Second, once the "client" got what he wanted for free he had no reason to respond to you. 

Well the client said that was a test work to test my efficiency and the work wasn't a tough one and I got it done, and texted him, cause he said to be texted when I'm done, and now he hasn't replied...

Harmony:
The client violated Upwork ToS by asking you to work for free.

The "client" probably has no intention of paying you any money.

Do not send any messages to the client.

Do not do any more work for the client or send him any more files.

Understand that this is over.

Until you have a contract in place with the client, it is a violation of Upwork ToS for you to exchange SMS text messages with the client. You may communicate with the client using the Upwork Messages tool. That is the only tool you may use until the client officially hires you.

IF the client contacts you in any way (which probably won't happen), then you may tell the client that you are ready to work on his project. That is all. No more discussion. No more work.

Look for the hire offer, which you may acccept. ONLY do any work for the client if you see the contract listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

tlbp
Community Member

Harmony B wrote:

Well the client said that was a test work to test my efficiency and the work wasn't a tough one and I got it done, and texted him, cause he said to be texted when I'm done, and now he hasn't replied...

People lie

petra_r
Community Member

Jared K wrote:

Well. . . you did free work, which is against Upwork's TOS for one. 

No, it is not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members