🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client payment
Page options
nanakastudio
Community Member

client payment

When should the final files be send to the client? are they sent by the message box? once they pay it, will I send it ? I am new. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
colettelewis
Community Member

Veronica M wrote:

When should the final files be send to the client? are they sent by the message box? once they pay it, will I send it ? I am new. Thank you.

If it's a fixed-price job, you submit the files and press the release payment button. The client has 14 days in which to review your work, ask for changes, or  approve your work and pay you. If your client doesn't respond at all, then after 14 days Upwork will automatically release the funds in escrow into your account. 

There are quite a few help pages on this. Just sayin' ... 

If it is an hourly contract, I recommend providing the files to the client continuously.

When I start a contract with a new client, I do all the work on a server that the client has continuous access to.

But that is not an Upwork rule. That is simply what I do to provide good customer service. And it saves me time. I don't need to send anything to the client, because she already has all of the work that I do.

nanakastudio
Community Member

Hi, I have a question, a client paid me and the transaction was seen by means of a message, but I do not see the deposit in my PayPal account, how long does Upwork make the payment?

I had the credit card as the first time of Payment, and PayPal as the second...will that have to do with that? How long does Upwork make the payment? Thank you!

Hi Veronica, 

I checked your account and it looks like you are referring to a payment that was made on a fixed-price contract. Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle.

Payments released for fixed-price contracts go through a 5-day security period and will be available to you once the security period is over.  If you check your Reports page (Reports > Overview), you will see where in the billing cycle the payment is. If the payment is in the Pending tab, this means it's already in the security period. You may read through each tab to know when you should expect the payment to be available on your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

##- thank you very much! -##

Hi Veronica, 

I forgot to add, once earnings are showing in the "Available" tab, you should be able to withdraw to your chosen payment method by going to your Settings page > Get Paid, and withdraw from there. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members