cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client problem and dispute

kentzakienatad
Kenneth Jake N Member Since: Jul 14, 2017
1 of 8

the most worst client i've ever meet. he uploaded a mug with a design text and he want me to design it with my own he said please use different text. this is his first message"I have uploaded the mug design that I need you to design. Please don't use same text, make it unique. If you do a good job I will hire you again. " then i follow his instruction. i give my best for a cost $5 only. coz he said if he like it he will hire me again. then after i submit the work he said im not following instruction he said use the same then he ended the contract and ask for a refund. this is his last message "You have not followed my instructions. It needs to have the same text as the mug I uploaded to you." im trying to be nice to him.so ill file a dispute and im not familiar with this dispute and escrow refund.. what if i will not aprrove his refund will i be banned? would it be effect my reputation and my current funds. please i need your help. im not an expert here in upwork.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 8

This is a $5 contract?

If the client is not happy, you refund completely and be done with it.

There is no upside to you by filing a dispute.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 8

Hi Kenneth Jake,

You can find more information about the dispute process and related links here. Please, communicate with the client and attempt to resolve the issue amicably before filing the dispute.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 8

lololol there's like 45 different red flags in that 1 message alone. 

this scammer takes it to a new level by asking for the $5 back. lol

hodgesh
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
5 of 8

How/why does one design something if the design already exists on a mug?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 8

I think the freelancer really was mugged.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 8

@Preston H wrote:

I think the freelancer really was mugged.

LOL sometimes Preston you do have some good ones. I LOL'd for real.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
8 of 8

Kenneth - You are perfectly within your rights to file a dispute, The 1st stage will be that Upwork tells you to try and negotiate an amount to be paid that would be agreeable to both of you. Since you've sort of done that already and haven't come to terms, the next step would be.... arbitration.

Arbitration would cost the client $291 and will cost you $291. Do you really want to pay $291 to get JUST $5 back?

BEST thing you can do at this point is to refund the money. RAISE your rates so that you Don't get scammers looking for cheap freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS