🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client refunded automatically
Page options
mario-palermo
Community Member

client refunded automatically

Hi everyone, I had a contract with one of my clients, I worked with him on at least 5 contracts, today was my payday but the system automatically refunded my client.

There was no dispute.

Can someone explain the reasons? The contract was one hourly and I manually logged only one hour.

Thank you all

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mario,

We're sorry to hear about this! On hourly contracts when a client fails to pay for the hours logged by the freelancer and those hours don't meet the requirements for Hourly Protection, the payment may be reversed. 

Our team will also be reaching out to you via email with more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Bojan

Congratulations you made a nice scam, my client closed the contract and it turns out that I earned $500 with feedback, which never happened.

You can't tell me when it's done,I lost $500,nice job.
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Mario P.,

Hourly work is accumulated through the end of the Upwork work week (midnight Sunday night in the UK/GMT/UTC) and the client gets a report from Upwork of your hours worked (or manually input by you) for the entire week, so it's not clear why you think today (Tuesday) is your payday.

If your work was booked during the most recent Upwork work week and the client didn't reject your manual hours, your payment from Upwork will be availiable either this coming Friday or next Wednesday, depending on your status in the Upwork system.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members