🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client’s payment was unsuccessful
Page options
b642e116
Community Member

client’s payment was unsuccessful

Hi, 

I received an email showing the payment from my client was unsuccessful. Here is the email

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Is this mean my client doesn't have the payment amount on his Visa?

Mohamed Tantawi
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed, 

I looked into this further, and I would like to clarify that on Ticket #34743979 (the first ticket you received), the team sent this as a gentle reminder to you to use memos in the future when logging time through the Upwork Desktop App. As noted in the ticket, a reversal for the hours identified has been waived this time. As confirmed in this ticket, you are payment protected for the hours you logged.

In the future, please make sure that you add memos when you track time using the Upwork Desktop App. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, and what's more, they are telling you will not be paid under the Hourly Protection plan.

So my client doesn't have the payment so they apply the Hourly Protection plan to cancel my payment.

Mohamed Tantawi

The client couldn't pay, and Upwork is telling you they won't pay you either because you are not covered under the Hourly Protection plan for the work you did. I'm sure someone from Upwork will come along and explain why more clearly. They do not verify a client's actual ability to pay before allowing them to hire someone.

I got this mail now.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

What is this mean? Are they will pay or now?

Mohamed Tantawi
yofazza
Community Member

Looks like it.

Why did they change their mind? Did you send any message / what did you say?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed, 

I looked into this further, and I would like to clarify that on Ticket #34743979 (the first ticket you received), the team sent this as a gentle reminder to you to use memos in the future when logging time through the Upwork Desktop App. As noted in the ticket, a reversal for the hours identified has been waived this time. As confirmed in this ticket, you are payment protected for the hours you logged.

In the future, please make sure that you add memos when you track time using the Upwork Desktop App. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b642e116
Community Member

Thank you.

Mohamed Tantawi
b3bc5e21
Community Member

really good post, thank you for sharing

b3bc5e21
Community Member

thank you for sharing..