🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » client testimonial for linkedin profile isn't...
Page options
sarah_jite
Community Member

client testimonial for linkedin profile isn't working

Hello upwork,

The field to input clients linkedin profile for the clients testimonial isnt working. i have tried putting in two linkedin profile links and i keep getting invalid linkedin error messages. can you pls help with this. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
luiggi_rosado

Hi Sarah,

Can you please share a screenshot of the error you're seeing on your end so we can assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Not working

See the screenshot below;

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lucas,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with your client's LinkedIn URL? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
maria_lucia_m
Community Member

I want to request a testimonial to the manager I had but, Upwork is asking for a LinkedIn link and she does not have Linked In. I cannot continue, may I use my LinkedIn account to continue? 

Hi Maria Lucia, 

Unfortunately, without the client's LinkedIn account you won't be able to send them a request. 

You can still use your profile overview or portfolio section to include endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. Make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

Thank you for the reply.
I requested my testimonial from my manager and I received a notification from Upwork that it was not approved. I do not know why, She was my supervisor for 8 months. Can you please provide me with more details or explain how I can request one to be approved? 
PS: Please note that my supervisor is not the same person who hired me. The contract was with the owner of the company, the supervision was from a different person in the same company.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Maria Lucia,

Unfortunately, we're unable to share more information about the exact reason for rejecting this request. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
maria_lucia_m
Community Member

I do not have more clients. May I try again with her? 
I want to know if the testimonial is just for the person that hired me, or it could be from another person in the company? 

Hi Maria Lucia, 

Have you checked the article on Testimonials? If not, I would like to highlight some bullets in the "Important to know" section of the article: 

• You can reach out to any former client on Upwork or beyond.
  • Each client can only provide one testimonial, no matter how many times you've worked together. You can't send more than one request to any email address.
  • You must provide the client's LinkedIn profile information.

Please take note that we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may reject the submitted testimonial because we may not have been able to find adequate information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Featured Topics
Learning Paths