cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close a contract by the freelancer

Youstina M Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
1 of 9

hello Smiley Happy 
i have a client who left a contract open without any requests for a long time, and didn't respond to my msgs when i asked him to close the contract. what happend if i closed it? it is a fixed price contract.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

Youstina M wrote:

i have a client who left a contract open without any requests for a long time, and didn't respond to my msgs when i asked him to close the contract. what happend if i closed it? it is a fixed price contract.

Nothing happens if you close it Smiley Happy Nothing happens if you leave it open, either.

3 of 9

leaving it open don't affect my JSS?
closing it by me will not make the finished milestones money back to the client?

Community Guru
4 of 9

Youstina M wrote:

1) leaving it open don't affect my JSS?
2) closing it by me will not make the finished milestones money back to the client?

1) No.

2) Nothing you have already been paid goes back to the client.  If there is still money left in Escrow (unlikely) then that (the Escrow funds, not what you were paid) will go back to the client.

5 of 9

thank you petra, you always available for answering my questions Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Frances H Member Since: Jul 4, 2018
6 of 9

I was told that if the freelancer closes the contract it negatively impacts their JSS score.

Community Guru
7 of 9

Frances H wrote:

I was told that if the freelancer closes the contract it negatively impacts their JSS score.

you were lied to.

Frances H Member Since: Jul 4, 2018
8 of 9
I'm finding out that happens way too often. Thank you for confirming.
Community Guru
9 of 9

Frances H wrote:
I'm finding out that happens way too often. Thank you for confirming.

There are two (main) things that hurt your JSS:

1) Contracts with nothing ever paid (open or closed)

2) Contracts with poor private and / or public feedback.

Who closes a contract makes no difference. Idle contracts or contracts without feedback do not hurt your JSS provided money has been paid (!) and you don't accumulate a huge lot of such contracts.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS