🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » closing a job that has become inactive
Page options
nelmaff
Community Member

closing a job that has become inactive

What will be the effect on my status if I close a job that has remained inactive for 2 years. The client never closed it and has not assigned any new work. What will happen? Will it affect my rating?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If you close the contract, you will be required to leave feedback for the client and the client will be notified of the closure and invited to leave feedback for you. Unless you've communicated with them fairly recently, it is unlikely they will bother and it will be a 'no-feedback' contract. That has a neutral impact on your JSS unless you develop a "pattern" of no-fb contracts which can harm your score.

Also worth remembering is that contracts are now weighted by dollar value in the JSS calculation. And as always, each one potentially weighs more when you don't have very many. 

Personally, I would let it sit. I never see a reason to change a neutral factor into a potentially negative factor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If you close the contract, you will be required to leave feedback for the client and the client will be notified of the closure and invited to leave feedback for you. Unless you've communicated with them fairly recently, it is unlikely they will bother and it will be a 'no-feedback' contract. That has a neutral impact on your JSS unless you develop a "pattern" of no-fb contracts which can harm your score.

Also worth remembering is that contracts are now weighted by dollar value in the JSS calculation. And as always, each one potentially weighs more when you don't have very many. 

Personally, I would let it sit. I never see a reason to change a neutral factor into a potentially negative factor

What If client is going to close its account, he will close the contract without giving any feedback or giving negative feedback without any reason? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths