🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » closing contract
Page options
mahaks15
Community Member

closing contract

Hello

I had completed my first job here on Upwork and client told me that he will contact me again if he needs me in the future regarding the same work. its been more than a month, but the client hasnt closed the contract . What should I do? should I message the client ? Because client was happy with my work, and a feedback would be helpful for my profile.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dd63c576
Community Member

Hi Mahak,
I usually leave a good message for the client requesting him to close the contract if s/he is satisfied and remind him to leave a good review. If he doesn't respond with in a few days, then I close the contract by telling him, "I have left a feedback for you by closing the contract and expect the same at your end as it will give strength to my JSS" 
Ending contract sends him an mail so even if s/he is off the Upwork for sometimes, he gets notified via email. Moreover, client have 14 days for feedback. 

Mahak S wrote:

Hello

I had completed my first job here on Upwork and client told me that he will contact me again if he needs me in the future regarding the same work. its been more than a month, but the client hasnt closed the contract . What should I do? should I message the client ? Because client was happy with my work, and a feedback would be helpful for my profile.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dd63c576
Community Member

Hi Mahak,
I usually leave a good message for the client requesting him to close the contract if s/he is satisfied and remind him to leave a good review. If he doesn't respond with in a few days, then I close the contract by telling him, "I have left a feedback for you by closing the contract and expect the same at your end as it will give strength to my JSS" 
Ending contract sends him an mail so even if s/he is off the Upwork for sometimes, he gets notified via email. Moreover, client have 14 days for feedback. 

Mahak S wrote:

Hello

ohkay.

what if he doesn't reply even after I have left a message and closed the contract. 

then what happens? will future clients see that I was given no feedback ,it might play a negative part on getting more proposals.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths