cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concern

Highlighted
Sally D Member Since: Jul 21, 2016
1 of 4

I have submitted serval preposals since joining a couple of days ago. Today i got my first reply. It seemed like an automated reply asking me to text my email and information to a cell number. I am concerned about the validity of this request. I was also asked to make a 40 min video about myself. is this usual? Is a resume and cover letter not sufficent?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 4

Sounds fishy. Take a look at the hiring history of the client. Also, what type of job were they hiring for?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Sally,

While it's not against the ToS to communicate with the client outside of Upwork, it is important that you have an active contract under My Jobs tab before you complete any work for the client. If they request to you to work for free or offer to pay outside, they are violating Upwork ToS.

We'll have the job and the client you are referring to reviewed by the team and take actions if there are violations.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
4 of 4

@Sally D wrote:

I have submitted serval preposals since joining a couple of days ago. Today i got my first reply. It seemed like an automated reply asking me to text my email and information to a cell number. I am concerned about the validity of this request. I was also asked to make a 40 min video about myself. is this usual? Is a resume and cover letter not sufficent?

That is absurd. 40 mins of video?! Sounds like a fetish...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS