cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused- not a shocker

screeler
Community Guru

Someone explain to me again how a client can have all 50 feedback as private? (all with 5 stars btw)

Client's Work History and Feedback (50)

Private
To Freelancer: Private

May 2015 - Jun 2015

Private
To Freelancer: Private

May 2015 - Jun 2015
6 REPLIES 6
jsutherland
Community Guru

Ron those are clients who have moved over from Elance. There's no way I would touch that job when there is nothing to see. Don't know why they would do this. I'd like more information.

Hi Jean! I was not planning on applying to a job specifically of that nature. I was just evaluating the apparent "quality" (or lack thereof) for a lot of jobs in "date mining" as part of my transition to another type of work. Funny though, that was the first one I opened after reading Mariska's thread.

Ron aka LanWanMan

It is not just Elance clients. This is an on-going thing (last three or four months for sure.) I can hardly find any client here anymore who has a full history. I don't mind working with completely new clients, but I don't want to work with someone who has a history of 150 jobs and I can see just the outcome of 4.  And I mean this is on a massive scale-I really don't see actually any clients  anymore who have their full history displayed, so that makes me think that this was somewhat intentional. I have no other explanation. (P.S. Ok, Ron-no kudos ,-))

They had this very annoying feature on Elance too. I always felt the client had something to hide when everything was set to private.  I did see though (on Elance) that sometimes the clients were also freelancers, so perhaps this has something to do with the excessive secrecy.

Also, sometimes clients would tell me I did great work, hire me for several jobs, give me good feedback, then mysteriously hire another freelancer for the same type of work. Those jobs were typically hidden. I figured it was because they didn't want me to see the details. What is that about anyway.

re: "Also, sometimes clients would tell me I did great work, hire me for several jobs, give me good feedback, then mysteriously hire another freelancer for the same type of work."

Just because you're doing a great job, it doesn't mean a client won't hire other people to do similar work.

I sometimes hire multiple people to do the same job, simultaneously, even when they're great contractors. They will bring me different ideas and I can use all of their work, or pick and choose from what I like the best.

They're all getting paid. Why should they care how many people I hire?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS