🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: connects amount
Page options
vincebonki
Community Member

connects amount

Hello. I have a question about the "connects". Why my connects number does not increase, if the job i submitted was closed or delayed, or the person for that job was found? I have 9(nine) projects in my list that are closed. It could give me 18 contacts, as far as i understand, to let me rise my activity in finding the job. But now i am bouned - jobs are not active, still they are holding me from submitting... could you help me somehow?

11 REPLIES 11
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Connects are only returned if the job is cancelled by Upwork due to a Terms of Service violation on the part of the client.

...well, it means, that after posting some subscribes i will have no more chances to find the employer, only for someone broke the rules, yes?

...Perfecto!!!

Vladimir P wrote:

...well, it means, that after posting some subscribes i will have no more chances to find the employer, only for someone broke the rules, yes?

Not hiring anyone does not break any rules.

You (currently) get 60 connects a month for free. "Spend" them carefully. If you run out, either

• upgrade your membership
  • wait until the new billing month
  • upgrade your membership and buy more connects.

...that rules reduce the opportunities. The beginners have little chances for they have little rate, moreover they are banned under the small amount of that "connection"... sounds like - No Chances, even to start... Wonderful! No words)))

Vladimir P wrote:

...that rules reduce the opportunities. The beginners have little chances for they have little rate, moreover they are banned under the small amount of that "connection"... sounds like - No Chances, even to start... Wonderful! No words)))

**Edited for community guidelines** In my field (translation English-German) there are more than 20k freelancers. I landed my job on the first day at a professional rate. You have all changes if you approach this correctly. You can hope for 30 extra connects once you become a rising talent, but in all honesty: Why should I hire someone who ready "... ready, for a small fee" with "below average" test results. You finished your studies in 1988? What have you been doing ever since?
You are competing against some 58k freelancers and 52k have never earned any money on this platform. If you want to be succesful spend more time on your profile and probably your proposals.

Well, Jennifer, firstwards, i`m looking for support.. cause several thing are not clear enough. Then, why you are speaking to me this way, am I you debtor? I must explain all my working life since 1988? Who are you? ... I`m loking for employers who would word with thous, who start. Not you, again!!! Jennifer, if you were lucky enough to catch the job once you hit that platform, it`s not the reason to be so proud of youself, really? You are too yough, girl! ...."some 58k freelancers and 52k have never earned any money on this platform" - the best thing you`d curved here... No doubt

What, if anything, is your point and what is it you expect people to say?

Jennifer tried to give you advice about your really poor profile.

If you improved your profile significantly, you would not waste so many connects because clients might be more likely to hire you.

There is also no arguing with the numbers. Upwork is dramatically oversubscribed. There are way more freelancers than the platform can sustain and half-hearted attempts to win work here simply won't work.

Either drastically up your game or see if you can find a less competitive platform. Either way, being offensive to people who spend their time trying to help and advise you is not the way forward.

Ok, I understand... Thank you)))

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

A few posts have been edited or removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

Please, be professional and respectful to one another when posting here and mindful of the Community Guidelines.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok! May I correct the mistakes in my posts? Or... could you delete the whole, that discussion - I find it aimless../ .....Sorry

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths