🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » connects
Page options
cndaa
Community Member

connects

Hello, someone explain about connects. and if i dont have connects i cant apply fo a job. 

Also will cancelling proposal that take long to be responded refund connect and is it advicable.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

Collins N wrote:

Hello, someone explain about connects. and if i dont have connects i cant apply fo a job. 

Also will cancelling proposal that take long to be responded refund connect and is it advicable.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

About connects: buy them, than use them, then repeat.
If you don't have connects, yup - you can't "apply fo job".

Canceling proposal achieves nothing. Do that only if you made a mistake (e.g. sent proposal for a job you suddenly remembered that you actually can't provide).

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45

Yeah they should definitely do something about unanswered job applications

So its does nothing even you withdrawal proposal, is it? Connects still spended even clients doesn't respond. that suck. 

chadchol
Community Member

I don't understand how any of connect works. For the quality control reason to screen any proposal. That's understandable. But when you are getting rejected without any obvious reason and you are still lose you connect is beyond me.

Anyone can elaborate?

Hi Chadchol, I know how bad it feels when you realize that you not only didn't get the job but also you lost your connects that you purchased with your money. But also we have to mention that this makes the freelancers think more than one time about his qualifications before applying for a job, which is a great solution to prevent spamming on this platform. By the way, spamming is bad for both the client and the freelancer. Because believe me no one wants to apply for a job that has 50+ Proposals, imagine this will happen to all of the jobs if there are no restrictions.

I agree with you that this puts a heavy load on the freelancers, and especially the ones who are new to the platform will find it hard to keep paying until they get some reviews. Even though there is a new update related to monthly free connects (10), and some other free connects to new freelancers [Which is a good push for them], but I think freelancers still need more push because 10 monthly connects is nothing... There are many jobs that need 6 and 4 connects to apply. 

But I believe that they are working hard trying to solve the hard equation to achieve a Spam-free platform with high-quality freelancers and Being fair and helpful for the freelancers. 

Regards,

Youssef Bahaa

a7e97d57
Community Member

Without connect, you can't apply for a job. You can earn free connect by replying to Upwork emails sent to your mail, you can also buy, and  Upwork dash out free connects after every month or two.

I hope this help

Congrats on digging up a 3 year old topic.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members