🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » conned
Page options
xtina_kim
Community Member

conned

Someone conned me from Upwork to Skype and now they have my personal information.  I know, I know....I made a stupid stupid mistake, please don't come down on me harder than I am myself.  I was so desperate for work, I fell for the con and now I am terrified. Does anyone have advice other than "you should've known better"? I am freaking out right now.  They have my name, address, email and phone number!

3 REPLIES 3
tlbp
Community Member

That doesn't sound like much more information that a person could get searching for you online unless you have zero digital footprint. Put a hold on your credit (if you still feel at risk), change your email password, and set up 2-factor authorization on your accounts that offer it. 

petra_r
Community Member

Christina K wrote:

They have my name, address, email and phone number!

So what are you freaking out about? Ware they going to *do* with that info? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Christina. 

I've escalated this to the correct team for their review and appropriate action will be taken according to our internal processes. 

Please be careful not to share any private or sensitive information with clients on Upwork going forward. All the information needed to hire and pay you via Upwork is available on your profile.

You can check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths