🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » contact for washap cliente
Page options
crivelazquez
Community Member

contact for washap cliente

Good night, I want to know what I should do since a client contacted me by wasahp, sending me his mobile number to contact me, he asks me for a trial week and then the second week, I operate with real money, he sent this message with the tests his mobile number that he sent me by msg in the upworck palaforma

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

2 REPLIES 2
a_lipsey
Community Member

Cristian V wrote:
Good night, I want to know what I should do since a client contacted me by wasahp, sending me his mobile number to contact me, he asks me for a trial week and then the second week, I operate with real money, he sent this message with the tests his mobile number that he sent me by msg in the upworck palaforma

First, it's a TOS violation to speak to a client outside Upwork before you have an Upwork contract in place. That means you are not allowed to communicate via Whatsapp. 

Second, is this a free trial you are doing? Did the client ask for a free trial? That is also against the TOS. THe client may not ask for free work. If you do not have a contract currently on Upwork there is no way you are getting paid. 

I would let this client know that they need to send you an offer on Upwork for this "trial" week. Paid tests or trials are allowed. But do not work without a contract, and stop communicating off platform before you have a contract. 

jr-translation
Community Member

Cristian V wrote:

Read and understand the ToS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members