cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract SUSPENDED

Wuilmer D Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
1 of 13

hello, I have a problem, I was working on a project with a contract for hours and when I was working suddenly I received an upwork message saying "Upwork is investigating an issue. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again . " I would like to know how much time it takes upwork to solve this, or what can I do to solve this problem?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 13

How long?

Sometimes an hour or two. Sometimes a few days. Sometimes the contract will never resume.

In my personal experience, a day or two is typical. But each case is different.

What can you do to resolve this?

Nothing. Just wait. This is between the client and Upwork.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 13

Wuilmer, while you're wating for the contract to be activated, let the client know that you cannot work on the project until the client resolves this issue.

4 of 13

yes, I already did, but there's the problem because the client now wants to pay what he thinks is right and not the hours I worked

Wuilmer D Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
5 of 13

then it will never be resolved, because the problem is that the client does not want to pay for the hours I worked, he wants to pay what he thinks is right

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 13

@Wuilmer D wrote:

then it will never be resolved, because the problem is that the client does not want to pay for the hours I worked, he wants to pay what he thinks is right

That sounds like a dispute. In that case, if you used time tracker properly, you'll be paid, but if you recorded time manually, then you won't get paid.

7 of 13

@Wuilmer D wrote:

Did you track your hours using the Upwork tracker with adequate activity and meaningful work memos?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 13

Hi Wuilmer, 

As the Community members suggested, please do not start working on the contract until the client is able to resolve the issue with his/her payment method. 

If you meet the requirements for the Upwork Payment ProtectionUpwork will provide payment protection to you for hours legitimately billed according to the eligibility criteria listed here.

-Avery
Untitled
Muhammad N Member Since: May 6, 2018
9 of 13

I'm already facing issue of Financial Transaction and it is still not fixed any my payment is stuck. Now today while working on hourly base work I get the email that the contract is suspended. Don't know what you people are doing to protect us.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
10 of 13

Muhammad, there are three profiles on Upwork, including yours, with identical language.  ??

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS