🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » contract canceled
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

contract canceled

Hi, what is true about the limit of disputes? last week a client canceled contract and I disputed and gained, but today other client canceled other contract saying she doesn't like my work, what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

Hi, what is true about the limit of disputes? last week a client canceled contract and I disputed and gained, 

There is no "limit of disputes" as such. What do you mean you "gained?"

Carlos L wrote:

what to do?

Choose clients carefully and do a great job? Expect your JSS to take a nosedive...

I got my money from the dispute. what would be different if instead of client canceling the contract I sent the work for payment? I mean is it my mistake I didn't request payment in time. My idea was to deliver a service of trust in special cases.

If there was money in the escrow account (I'm assuming that this was a fixed price contract?) then you can still dispute returning the funds to the client. But first you should talk to the client, say that you're sorry you weren't a good fit for the project, and ask for at least a small token payment to cover your time. It's always best to try and work things out; a dispute should never be your first option. Two disputes in one week is not a good sign, and your JSS is going to continue falling if you don't figure out why your projects are going wrong.

If this was an hourly project and you hadn't logged any time, then you're out of luck.

It was a fixed project, I refunded this time. I only know that some clients are so mean, they sometimes will dispute ten dollars when you know they have business worth several thousands.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members