cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract is end but it says Job in progress

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
71 of 90

How long ago was the job closed? it takes time for it to show up. This is the 3rd or 4th post since yesterday about this issue so not sure if there is some lag in the system. Some people's never posted for a month...Mine normally posts after feedback exchange in 1-3 days.  

If you gave feedback all you can do is wait for the feedback to post. 

Dimitrije J Member Since: Oct 10, 2016
72 of 90

Job is closed on November 19th. When I go to My contracts it shows this job and feedback from client, but I can't see feedback on my profile. 

Until now every feedback was posted few minutes after closing contract. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
73 of 90

Hi Dimitrije, 

I manually generated your profile and the feedback is already showing in your Work History. Congratulations on a job well done!

-Avery
Untitled
Dimitrije J Member Since: Oct 10, 2016
74 of 90

Hi Avery,

Thank you so much. Job and feedback are now on my profile. 

Thanks again! 

Sohaib M Member Since: May 22, 2016
75 of 90
I am worry about Upwork performance. Why it goes down almost daily in Pakistan? usually at early in the morning. Is this make sense. Other issue is that, why our profile page (for Job status and client feedback) is not being updated. Do upwork updates it once in a Years or most probably once in our LIFE????? @Upwork Can you please decrease your cron Job interval. Higher management should take notice of all these issues. Thanks
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
76 of 90

Hi Sohaib, 

It doesn't look like there were any reported downtime yesterday. What error were you seeing? 

Regarding your profile, are you missing any job in progress or ended contract in your Work History section?

-Avery
Untitled
77 of 90
Yes it was not. But on Dec 2, Dec 3 and many times in last month it was down. I have ended a contract, and have started 2 new contracts. Neither it updates job completion station nor new in progress jobs status
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
78 of 90

Hi Sohaib,

I checked and see the feedback you received on your recent contracts are already displayed publicly on your profile and also your ongoing contracts are reflected as expected. 

79 of 90
Yes. They are there now. The time when i posted the issue, they were not there. Most probebly, Upwork profile updation job has been executed. Anyhow, thanks a lot for quick response and fix
Matija M Member Since: Apr 7, 2016
80 of 90

It seems that many people are having trouble with not being able to view recent feedback. They wait and wait, but even after a few days the job is still filed under ongoing work. Same thing was happening to me until I stumbled upon a post from a fellow freelancer whose name I'm sad to say I've forgotten, but her advice helped me out 2 times already.

The fix:

Although not exactly intuitive, the fix is simple - go to your profile page and edit something on it. Usually I just change a word or two in my introduction, save these changes, then revert everything to how it was before and save again. Voila, the new feedback pops up as intended.

The last time I tried this was yesteday, and the client's feedback showed up as soon as I used the method, approximately one hour after it was posted. In both cases the contract closure was initiated by the client due to work being completed successfully, but I see no reason for it not to work in any other scenario.

Here's hoping that this little tip will help some of you out!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS