🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » contract is suspended and client's payment me...
Page options
nattusia
Community Member

contract is suspended and client's payment method became unverified!

Hi everybody.
So, now I have the similar story like some others here.
I started to work with client a week ago. The client is not new and has 7 good responces. So I even did not noticed if his payment method was verified when I accepted the contract. (Well it will be a lesson for me).
Today my contract became suspended because of unverified payment method.
It would be not such a big problem. But client started to act weird when I contact him. He changed his tone from friendly to exiged and start to claim that it's more then half of working hours which he agreed to pay are already exceed and he did not see the work and he wants to transfer the contract from hourly to fixed.
To make long story short I will not explain why his claims are also a little weird. Of cource I proposed the way to go though this misunderstanding.
But now I sit and think. What if he will insist on my work continuing even when contract is suspended?
As I understand he still can close the contract and leave the bad responce to me? Can he?
And if this worst case will occur, what should I do then?

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

You can't bill to the contract while it's suspended so you have to wait until he fixes the problem. If he's suspended, his rating doesn't count anyway.

nattusia
Community Member

Thank you Jennifer.
But I'm do not quite understand. The rating will not be counted even if the client close the suspended contract? 

lysis10
Community Member

Natalia R wrote:

Thank you Jennifer.
But I'm do not quite understand. The rating will not be counted even if the client close the suspended contract? 

If the client is suspended, then the rating doesn't count. If he fixes the issue (whatever that might be) then he might get his account back. When did the contract get suspended? If it happened on Monday or Friday, then it's like a payment issue but on other days, it could be anything and he probably won't tell you what it is. But until he fixes his account, you can't bill time to the contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members